10 Mouthwatering Burgers You Need to Indulge in Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day is essentially the unofficial end of summer. Meaning one last poolside party full of burgers, brews and baked goods!
While most instantly think BEEF when it comes to burgers to grill outside, there are sooooo many other patty options to fill your buns with throughout the long weekend, and even during the coldest part of winter. Bid summer a fond and delicious farewell by whipping up one (or all) of the burgers below before heading back to the office, likely hungover, Tuesday morning!
1. Stuffed Lamb Burger: This Greek-inspired mouthwatering meat patty is stuffed with creamy feta cheese, perfectly prepped on a grill or griddle. Top it with crunchy red onions and baby spinach and serve it on a lightly toasted brioche bun to have your DIY burger rivaling your fave spot. (via Brit + Co)
2. Breakfast Burger: There’s nothing better than breakfast for lunch or dinner — who doesn’t love a great brunch or brinner? ;) Grab an English muffin (or breakfast carb of choice) and stack it up with ground beef, Havarti cheese and bacon, then drizzle some DIY maple aioli for an extra sweet flavor. (via How Sweet It Is)
3. Salmon Burger: Give your seafood take on the American classic a Japanese twist with this fishy sandwich. Turn salmon filets into a bun master with pickled ginger, Japanese mayo, wasabi paste and Sriracha for a palate pleaser. (via White Pepper Project)
4. BBQ Turkey Burger: Not only are you skipping the traditional beef for this one, but you’re also kicking those buns up a notch by adding chipotle slaw to the mix. Get in our bellies! (via Recipe Runner)
5. Indian-Spiced Veggie Burger: Meatless burgers don’t have to be bland. Try out this recipe featuring brown rice, potatoes, fresh veggies and an infusion of Indian spices for a mouthful of flavor. (via Brit + Co)
6. Crispy Quinoa Burger: Just because it’s quinoa doesn’t mean it has to be boring! Top this crowd-pleasing patty with sweet potato fries, beer caramelized onions, gruyere and even an egg for a powerfully tasty treat. (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Drunken Aussie Beef Burger: Spike your beef with some beer, then top it with eggs, bacon, onion, pineapple and cheese. Oh yeah, this is the real deal drunk meal. (via Cafe Delites)
8. Bacon Cheddar Chicken Burger: Sometimes you’ve gotta go over the top with your meals, and that’s exactly what this clucker does. Top off your chicken patty with some guac, bacon, cheddar and BBQ mayo and settle in poolside for an unforgettable feast. (via Foodiecrush)
9. Mushroom + Wild Rice Black Bean Burger: Mix in some wild rice and mushrooms with those black beans to give this patty the edge it deserves. We indulge in the burgers we think we deserve, right? (via Back to Her Roots)
10. Sweet Potato Portobello Sliders: Switch up your burger game with sweet potato buns and portobello mushrooms as the main course. Then whip up some almond pesto and cashew mayo to really make these bite-size burgs stand out from the stacks. (via Our Four Forks)
Which burger(s) will you be grubbing on over Labor Day weekend? Let us know in the comments.