10 Mouthwatering Burgers You Need to Indulge in Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day is essentially the unofficial end of summer. Meaning one last poolside party full of burgers, brews and baked goods!
1. Stuffed Lamb Burger: This Greek-inspired mouthwatering meat patty is stuffed with creamy feta cheese, perfectly prepped on a grill or griddle. Top it with crunchy red onions and baby spinach and serve it on a lightly toasted brioche bun to have your DIY burger rivaling your fave spot. (via Brit + Co)
2. Breakfast Burger: There’s nothing better than breakfast for lunch or dinner — who doesn’t love a great brunch or brinner? ;) Grab an English muffin (or breakfast carb of choice) and stack it up with ground beef, Havarti cheese and bacon, then drizzle some DIY maple aioli for an extra sweet flavor. (via How Sweet It Is)
3. Salmon Burger: Give your seafood take on the American classic a Japanese twist with this fishy sandwich. Turn salmon filets into a bun master with pickled ginger, Japanese mayo, wasabi paste and Sriracha for a palate pleaser. (via White Pepper Project)
4. BBQ Turkey Burger: Not only are you skipping the traditional beef for this one, but you’re also kicking those buns up a notch by adding chipotle slaw to the mix. Get in our bellies! (via Recipe Runner)
5. Indian-Spiced Veggie Burger: Meatless burgers don’t have to be bland. Try out this recipe featuring brown rice, potatoes, fresh veggies and an infusion of Indian spices for a mouthful of flavor. (via Brit + Co)
6. Crispy Quinoa Burger: Just because it’s quinoa doesn’t mean it has to be boring! Top this crowd-pleasing patty with sweet potato fries, beer caramelized onions, gruyere and even an egg for a powerfully tasty treat. (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Drunken Aussie Beef Burger: Spike your beef with some beer, then top it with eggs, bacon, onion, pineapple and cheese. Oh yeah, this is the real deal drunk meal. (via Cafe Delites)
8. Bacon Cheddar Chicken Burger: Sometimes you’ve gotta go over the top with your meals, and that’s exactly what this clucker does. Top off your chicken patty with some guac, bacon, cheddar and BBQ mayo and settle in poolside for an unforgettable feast. (via Foodiecrush)
9. Mushroom + Wild Rice Black Bean Burger: Mix in some wild rice and mushrooms with those black beans to give this patty the edge it deserves. We indulge in the burgers we think we deserve, right? (via Back to Her Roots)
10. Sweet Potato Portobello Sliders: Switch up your burger game with sweet potato buns and portobello mushrooms as the main course. Then whip up some almond pesto and cashew mayo to really make these bite-size burgs stand out from the stacks. (via Our Four Forks)
Which burger(s) will you be grubbing on over Labor Day weekend? Let us know in the comments.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!