10 of Our Favorite Kid-Friendly Dining Chairs
As a mother of two small children, I’ve had to pick my furniture to make way for their messy habits. If I was going to maintain the inspiring, colorful living spaces I wish for my family and myself, I had to choose the right pieces that would fit in seamlessly while being able to take a beating. But I didn’t want to sacrifice on style, and I bet you don’t either. Here are my picks for the top 10 modern dining chairs that are completely wipeable, yet cool enough for even Don Draper to take a seat at your table.
1. 111 Navy Chair ($330): Maintaining an iconic form from the 1940s, this durable chair is made of 111 recycled plastic bottles. Brilliant.
2. Eames Molded Plastic Side Chair ($495): Made of recycled polypropylene, the deep swooping seat of this iconic Eames chair makes any kid feel comfortable.
3. Tolix Marais Barstool ($345): A simple, industrial look, this steel stool adds height for your kitchen counter, but also come in squat sizes that get that little chin over the tabletop.
4. Louis Ghost Chair ($445): Playing off of an old French baroque style, the Ghost Chair is one single piece of translucent injection-molded polycarbonate making it easy to clean and easy on the eyes.
5. Vapor Barstool ($199): This stool has a thick acrylic seat with a back, making it a safer choice for kids at the counter.
6. Felix White Side Chair ($80): This chair has clean lines and can go with pretty much any table or space.
7. Glenn Bar Stool ($70): Easily wipeable and stackable, the Glenn is so great for storing away and busting out when you have guests over.
8. Pike Chair ($129): This smaller profile chair can work in tighter spaces and comes in a variety of fun colors.
9. Tiffany Side Chair ($199): A variation on the ghost chair, this baby is made of molded plastic that is easy to clean and scratch resistant.
10. Urban Bar Stool ($119): This IKEA find might look simple enough but has the great option of an adjustable seat height that is easy to raise and lower for optimal comfort, meaning your kiddo can sit in it whether he’s 2 or 22.
How are you keeping your interiors modern while letting you kids be kids? Let us know in the comments below.