30 Shoppable Mad Men Fashion Looks
We know you're all lamenting over the mid-season finale of Mad Men. To help you cope, we put together a Mad Men fashion lookalike guide so you can channel your favorite femmes-du-jour. Seeing as it's celebrated as one of the most historically accurate shows for visual style, who can help but lust after these fabulously dressed women? Whether it's A-line, sheaths or full out swing skirts, these leading ladies have a style for everyone. Add in some '60s inspired makeup and updos and you'll be strutting your stuff all the way until the last season's return.
1. DKNYC Roman Stripe Crepe Shirt Dress ($76): Mod meets fierce in this bold and office-appropriate dress. A Betty Francis would never be seen without her pearls and neither should you.
2. Red Poppy on White Swing Dress ($84): With a full silhouette, this swing skirt will slim waists, while the bright pattern attracts all the right attention. Really, about the pearls… our mothers were right: Pearls always do class up an outfit.
3. Print Stretch Sheath Dress ($261): Nothing says feminine like a floral pattern and perfectly accentuated “wiggle” dress. The black lace modernizes this otherwise timeless look.
4. About the Artist Dress ($55): Versatility is an important function of our best dresses. This dress is perfect for both a long day at work, and an afternoon spent window shopping and lunching. The heart buttons and ruffles add just the right amount of delicacy.
5. Pleated Crochet Dress ($20): Remember when Don and Betty went to the country club? And remember that ridiculously adorable tennis-racket embellishment? Try an update with lace sleeves.
6. Chi Chi Turquoise Gold Trim Grecian Chiffon Maxi Dress ($87): Betty was heading into the big city for a television premiere, but you’ll probably get more use out of this look if you use it for a wedding. Every gal needs an elegant, head-turning floor-length gown. You’ll get just that in this bright, detailed and chic maxi dress.
7. White Butterfly Tea Dress ($109): In this case, butterflies do not inspire visions of little girls.
8. Among The WildFlowers Dress ($72): When Betty went Italian, we could hardly contain ourselves. A lace LBD, an impossibly fashionable updo and a long beaded necklace are the perfect look for any night out on the town. No matter how wild the night gets, you’ll always be looking fresh and put together.
9. Button Down Peter Pan Collar Mini Dress ($26): Don’t these dresses just make you want to twirl?
10. ASOS Sexy Pencil Dress ($73): Joan defines va-va-voom, and now, so can you in this probably-not-safe-for-work dress.
11. Grace Floral Cap Sleeve Midi Pencil Dress ($42): Polished, pretty and curve defining, what’s not to love about this floral dress? Throw a blazer on, and it’s equally as perfect for fall as it is for summer.
12. Audrey Hepburn Dress ($100): This dress has it all: it’s conservative with just a touch of sex appeal. You’ll be looking for reasons to wear it every day of the week.
13. Burgundy Split Neck Peplum ($70): Joan knows she’s got it going on. In this dress, you’ll be walking the same way. Or should we say, catwalking in the same way.
14. Stylish Round Collar Short Sleeve Single Breasted Slim Dress ($29): The perfect blend of modern and vintage, this pencil dress gives single breasted suits a run for their money.
15. Black Sheer Sleeve Satin Trim Sheath Dress ($348): It’s probably one of the most famous scenes from the show — when Megan broke out in her sexy French song and dance. Become the life of the party with three simple steps: Add a sheer sleeved dress, throw on some pumps and grab a microphone to show those corporate stiffs how it’s done.
16. Band of Outsiders Sleeveless Blazer ($224) and Bermuda Shorts ($135): Who would have thought Bermuda shorts and a sleeveless blazer would pair together to make such a stylish combo? Well, apparently Megan did. But it certainly wouldn’t be a complete look without a fabulous bouffant.
17. Inspire Bright Ideas Dress ($90): Again, ahead of her time, Megan hopped on the chevron train long before the rest of us. Throw it back to her and the ’60s with this mod-inspired dress.
18. Lindy Bop Rockabilly Swing Dress ($50): Unsure when you could rock this mustard rockabilly swing dress? How about to the office? Or to a picnic? Or just, like, in your living room? Seriously, it’s that fun.
19. Gemma Windowpane Wrap Dress ($98): This dress is sexy and alluring in the most buttoned-up way possible. And the cinched waist is flattering on any figure. Don Draper won’t even know what to do with himself — or should we say didn’t even know what to do with himself.
20. Groovy Geo Caftan ($55): Season 6 Hawaiian vacation! Janie Bryant, costume designer for the show, found this awesome Vera Neumann shirt mini at a vintage store in L.A. For a young, fun look of your own, throw a caftan over your bathing suit and enjoy a fierce outing to the beach.
21. Librarian Houndstooth Dress ($106): It’s hard not to love Peggy. Her no-nonsense, taking-care-of-business, office-chic style can be mimicked in a simple black and white button down dress.
22. Petite Textured Scoop Neck Sheath Dress ($80): The color palette of the ’60s is most definitely something we should bring back to our wheelhouse. Switch up your black pencil skirt with this lime green sheath dress for a show-stopping (and happy hour causing) work outfit.
23. Red V Neck Floral Lace Overlay ($23): From secretary to copy chief, Peggy has probably evolved more than any character on the show — as has her look. And she rules the advertising world in a somewhat (for Peggy) provocative red dress.
24. Backstage Montague Sequin Dress ($149): Shift dresses are a fave of the show and of our real lives, too.
25. Staying in Step Dress ($48): This modern spin on Peggy’s accented pleats will still make you feel oh-so-’60s as you count down the minutes to Friday at five.
26. Daisy Peter Pan Collar Dolly Dress ($43): First appearance outfit! This Peter Pan dress is cutesy in a grown-up way. Peggy sports mustard yellow on the regular early on in the show, and if we were doing color association, it would be the first to come to mind when thinking of Miss Olson.
27. Red Wine Pleated Maxi Dress ($65): If you’re going for a schoolgirl look, add a cardigan. If you’re going for temptress, add some pumps. If you’re going for Peggy, who looks a little bit like both, add a smoldering glance.
28. Charlotte Sweetheart Pencil Dress ($191): Rachel Katz might not be on the show anymore, but her looks are not easily forgotten. This dress is making us ask why we don’t wear mustard yellow ALL of the time. It’s the kind of dress that makes you feel sexy just by looking at it. The black belt, and maybe some of those matching gloves, are certainly on-point accessories to complete your look.
29. Cocktail Length Sleeveless Dupioni Dress (call for pricing): The silhouette, the gloves, the bag, the strut, the Don — we want it all.
30. Paul Smith Cotton Pique Jacket in Coral ($560) and Trousers ($309): Tired of your same old boring pantsuit? Bring some much needed color to your cube with a bold and fun coral ensemble. Apparently when you run a department store, you just know how to work it.
Do you have any Mad Men inspired looks that you regularly wear to the office? Post pictures in the comments below!
- 30 Shoppable Looks We Stole from Mad Men - Brit + Co ›
- The 23 Best Style Moments of Mad Men - Brit + Co ›