9 Adorable Lunch Boxes Your Kids Will Love
It’s getting close to that time of year again. The sweet, sweet smell of brand-new crayons is mingling with the scent of finger paints, and your kiddo is getting ready for their first day of Pre-K. Along with their lovey, four socks, an extra pair of “big kid” underwear, and five or six cool toys that somehow managed to sneak in, your kiddo needs to pack a lunchbox to take to school. Oh, but not just any ol’ lunchbox: Your preschooler needs one that’s super-cool. Lucky you — we’ve pulled together some of the most rad lunchboxes of the back-to-school season.
1. Skip Hop Baby Zoo Unicorn ($15): Unicorns are everywhere. Their poop is in our rainbow-tinged cookies and they’re somehow magically transformed from mythical beasties to play slime. This soft lunch bag isn’t just adorable (it’s got teeny rainbows as zipper-pulls): It’s also BPA- and phthalate-free and insulated enough to keep your preschooler’s treats chill.
2. PackIt Freezable Mini Lunch Bag ($16): Those freezy packs that always seem to end up in the school’s garbage are a thing of the past with this lunch bag. It has freezable gel that’s permanently built into the actual bag. On top of that, it comes in tons of cute colors and patterns.
3. Strawberry Shortcake Tin Lunch Box ($11): Your preschooler can head to class with old-school style. The nostalgia factor is high with this one. This metal lunch box is a total throwback to your own childhood.
4. OmieBox Bento Lunch Box ($40): Your preschooler is like just about every other kiddo when it comes to keeping their foods separated. There’s absolutely no way they’re letting those carrots touch their sandwich. This Japanese-style lunch box has compartments that are perfect for kids who can’t even contemplate foods that mingle. It’s also thermal-insulated, with *two* temperature zones. Yep, you can stash both hot and cold foods in this bento-riffic box.
5. YUMBOX Leakproof Bento Lunch Box ($30): Another bento-style box for kids who thrive on keeping their food groups completely separated, this box has a leakproof lid that lets you safely pack “wet” foods, such as applesauce or pudding. It also has an adorable (and removable) tray that features some pretty out-of-this-world art.
6. SUGARBOOGER Good Lunch Box ($9): The retro robot design on this divided bento pick is cute, yet completely cool too. Its small size makes it ideal for tiny tots, and it’s free from BPA and PVCs.
7. Yodo 3-Way Convertible Insulated Lunch Box ($21): It’s a lunch box, and it’s a carry bag. Or it’s a carry bag, and it’s a lunchbox. Whichever way you slice it, this bag has maximum potential. With a few simple strap adjustments, this adorable animal pack goes from lunch box to carryall. Fab and functional!
8. BUILT NY Big Apple Buddies ($14+): Aww! This soft lunch tote looks more like a plush pal than a reusable lunch sack. It’s a furry friend — minus the hassle of actual fur. Your preschooler could get a kick out of the raccoon shape, or it also comes in ladybug, alligator, dog, and hippo.
9. R2D2 Thermos Lunch Kit ($20): You preschooler might not be fully into Star Wars just yet, but you definitely are. This lunch kit goes beyond being just a cute character box: It lights up and makes sounds. Yeah, we know, the Pre-K teacher will kind of hate you for sending a lunch box that makes more noise than the kids do. That’s okay — your kiddo will love it.
What was your favorite lunchbox as a kid? Tweet us your memories @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.