10 Registry Must-Haves for Your Kitchen (+ You Could Win $2,000!)
We’ve teamed up with Target Wedding Registry to build the Ultimate Wedding Registry, powered by awesome gifters like you! And it’s not just about building the perfect registry for budding brides and grooms’ inspiration — we’re giving away a $2,000 Target Gift Card to one of YOU, just for sharing your ultimate registry item with us here at Brit + Co. To get you inspired, we’ve rounded up 10 must-have registry items for your kitchen — straight from the team here at Brit + Co!
Aren’t those some good-looking couples? We certainly think so. And it’s no coincidence that all the married folks in our office happened to pick kitchen items as their must-have items — couples who cook together most definitely stay together :) Before we get to our picks, a little more about the contest.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Choose the ONE ultimate registry gift you can’t live without.
2. Share this gift with us via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook by tagging @britandco and using the hashtag #myultimateregistry. Be sure to include an image of the gift itself or an image that relates (if your gift is more experiential than product-based).
3. OR enter your ultimate gift in the Typeform forum.
Note: You can also submit your gift in the comments below. Just be sure to sign in to Disqus so we have a way to contact you if you win.
This contest is now closed.
And just like that, you have the chance to win $2,000! We are looking for the traditional, the unusual, the totally unbelievable and the surprisingly practical. Anything is fair game here, as long as you consider it essential. This contest closes on December 14th at 11:59pm PST. As always, the winner will be chosen at random. You can read full contest terms right here.
1. KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer ($350): First up, our resident food expert Sarah Jones Garibaldi went with the classic KitchenAid mixer. As the founder of Miss Jones Baking Co., it should be no surprise that a mixer is a must in the Jones Garibaldi house! And her husband Matt happens to be a very skilled taste tester :)
2. Calphalon 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet ($30): I know I know, this seems super basic. But the truth is, my husband David and I never had a cast iron skillet until after we got married. We threw it on the registry thinking “oh, we should probably get one of those” and it has been a life changer! Our skillet’s got a permanent place on the range at the Temple household, and makes it easy to cook up last minute dinners in a matter of minutes.
3. Vitamix Professional Series 500 Blender ($600): Next up, a totally splurge-worthy item. This is our founder Brit Morin’s pick — she says it has totally changed how she and her husband Dave eat breakfast. Her fave creation is the ultimate green juice, made using kale, romaine, spinach, celery and a handful of berries. That is a serious blast of nutrients in the morning! Also, when Brit was pregnant, she lived on watermelon slushies made in her Vitamix. Sounds delicious!
4. Gourmet Induction 8-Quart Pasta Pot ($140): The best item Cecelia Cox and her husband Steve got was hands down a super serious pasta pot. Because they eat pasta multiple times a week, this is an item that lives its life between the drying rack and the stove and is very well-loved.
5. Duralex 10-Piece Glass Stackable Bowls ($50): Our head of partnerships Carrie Kelly is obsessed with this perfectly practical set of glass stackable bowls. They’re used almost every day in her household and, because they’re stackable, they don’t take up a ton of space.
6. 6-in-1 Multi Cooker ($120): For Tammy Evrard, the answer was easy! This multi-cooker is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker and more! She and her husband have used theirs every single week for the last five years!
Maple Butcher’s Block Cutting Boardand beautiful wedding gift. Cameron, our maven of all things marketing for the B+C shop, says she could not live without her butcher block, and uses it on the daily!
8. Cuisinart SmartPower Duet Blender + Food Processor ($95): Our lead merchant Kathryn is all about her Cuisinart and blender. According to her, this simple dual tool has radically stepped up cooking in her home. And because cooking in the kitchen together is the best, this also makes for a totally romantic gift!
Bodum 8-Cup Chambord Coffee PressSecond Sun and Punkpost with her husband Santiago? We’re guessing the answer is coffee. This press is just what you need to get to the best part of waking up.
10. 5-Quart Enamel Cast Iron Dutch Oven ($60): And finally, buyer extraordinaire Alicia swears by her bright blue dutch oven. And she’ll be the first to tell you that it’s actually her husband Michael who does all the cooking! On the menu at the Goad house? Brisket and chili when they’re feeling homesick for Texas cookin’!
We’ll be pinning all of your essential registry items on the Brit + Co Ultimate Wedding Registry Contest pinboard, so feel free to creep on us to see what creative ideas and everyday essentials your perfect wedding gift is up against.