Are Kitten Heels Spring 2018’s Most Wearable Shoe Trend?
If you think kitten heels are too mumsy or missing that sex appeal you’re after, hear us out. As much as we love the look of sky-high heels, we have to admit they aren’t made for the faint of heart. And what is less sexy than discomfort? Sometimes we just need a respite from a four-inch stiletto and want to slip into something a little more, dare we say, comfortable. Enter kitten heels — maxing out at two inches, they make a great choice for when a flat or “ugly shoe” just won’t cut it. Scroll down to see our favorite picks for the season.
Show-goers at the Dior Fall/Winter 2018 runway presentation kept their heels short and sweet. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
1. Zara Floral Court Shoes With Ties ($50): Tie one on with Zara’s floral kitten heel. Wear this heel with a black circle skirt and red ruffled top.
2. GANNI Sabine Snake-Effect Suede Slingback Pumps ($270): Opposites attract when you pair this feminine slingback with skinny black jeans and your Metallica tee.
3. Sigerson Morrison Melina Slingback ($350): We love the fresh look of this white, soft leather slingback. Wear it with everything from flared denim to a printed midi skirt.
4. Steven Ainsley Point Toe Mules ($100): Think pink all spring long with these suede stunners. Make a subtle statement when you wear them with olive khakis and a white tee.
5. Marc Jacobs Abbey Crystal Embellished Pumps ($350): Opt for a kitten heel instead of a stiletto and you might be the last one shaking her thang on the dance floor come Saturday night.
6. Schutz Hirata Kitten Heel Slingbacks ($190): Head to toe denim is what we are talking about. Slip these slingbacks on the next time you wear a chambray denim dress.
7. Sam Edelman Laney Bow-Embellished Suede Mules ($110): Come down to earth with Sam Edelman’s black suede slip-ons. Channel Breakfast at Tiffany’s vibes when you pair with a classic LBD.
8. Prada Metallic Textured-Leather Pumps ($575): Shine bright with this smart pointy-toe pump. We envision this shoe with a colorful cherry red trouser and top.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)