If you think kitten heels are too mumsy or missing that sex appeal you’re after, hear us out. As much as we love the look of sky-high heels, we have to admit they aren’t made for the faint of heart. And what is less sexy than discomfort? Sometimes we just need a respite from a four-inch stiletto and want to slip into something a little more, dare we say, comfortable. Enter kitten heels — maxing out at two inches, they make a great choice for when a flat or “ugly shoe” just won’t cut it. Scroll down to see our favorite picks for the season.
Show-goers at the Dior Fall/Winter 2018 runway presentation kept their heels short and sweet. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
1. Zara Floral Court Shoes With Ties ($50): Tie one on with Zara’s floral kitten heel. Wear this heel with a black circle skirt and red ruffled top.
2. GANNI Sabine Snake-Effect Suede Slingback Pumps ($270): Opposites attract when you pair this feminine slingback with skinny black jeans and your Metallica tee.
3. Sigerson Morrison Melina Slingback ($350): We love the fresh look of this white, soft leather slingback. Wear it with everything from flared denim to a printed midi skirt.
4. Steven Ainsley Point Toe Mules ($100): Think pink all spring long with these suede stunners. Make a subtle statement when you wear them with olive khakis and a white tee.
5. Marc Jacobs Abbey Crystal Embellished Pumps ($350): Opt for a kitten heel instead of a stiletto and you might be the last one shaking her thang on the dance floor come Saturday night.
6. Schutz Hirata Kitten Heel Slingbacks ($190): Head to toe denim is what we are talking about. Slip these slingbacks on the next time you wear a chambray denim dress.
7. Sam Edelman Laney Bow-Embellished Suede Mules ($110): Come down to earth with Sam Edelman’s black suede slip-ons. Channel Breakfast at Tiffany’s vibes when you pair with a classic LBD.
8. Prada Metallic Textured-Leather Pumps ($575): Shine bright with this smart pointy-toe pump. We envision this shoe with a colorful cherry red trouser and top.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.