22 DIY Ways to Throw the Best Labor Day Party EVER
Where, oh where, did summer go?! While the end of our favorite season may be in sight, that’s all the more reason to enjoy one last hurrah. In honor of Labor Day, we can’t think of anything more appropriate than a backyard BBQ party. Gather the friends and fam, while putting these 22 DIYs to use for the most unforgettable shindig of the season.
1. Summer Fruit Garland: Not so fast — while it may be Labor Day, summer ain’t over! This fruity garland (popsicles not included) will be a fun addition to your outdoor party scene. (via The Style Files)
4. DIY Cornhole Game: It’s NOT a backyard party until you partake in a rousing round of this classic tailgating game. Sew up some bean bags (in true Brit + Co colors!) and make your very own cornhole board! (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Watercolor Table Numbers: If you’re planning on throwing an epic backyard bash, then these spray-painted table numbers may come in handy. Or, at the very least, they sure are pretty to look at! (via Almost Makes Perfect)
10. Sliders Party: It’s not a BBQ party unless sliders are involved! The best thing about these bite-sized hamburgers is that they can be customized with all kinds of different toppings and sauces. Note to guests: come with an appetite! (via Design Love Fest)
13. Sparkler Stands: Who would have thought that red Solo cups could double as awesome sparkler stands? For a pretty grand finale, line these bad boys up at the center of the table and light ‘em up! (via A Subtle Revelry)
16. Ribbon Tassel Lights: Trust us, for your Labor Day BBQ, the more lights the merrier. Surely, one more strand of ribbon tassel lights couldn’t hurt… perhaps strewn across your wooden fence this time?! (via Brit + Co)
21. DIY Food Picks: Oh my colorful life! These tasseled food picks created from toothpicks and crepe paper are the definition of fun-tastic! Use them for mini sandwiches, a cheese platter or even as dessert toppers. (via Studio DIY)
22. DIY Giant Lawn Matching Game: Now, here’s a game that both grown-ups and kidlets can enjoy. And, no worries if you’re running a tad behind schedule — everyone will be too busy matching lemons to lemons to even notice! (via Studio DIY)
Which DIY will you be incorporating into your backyard party? Leave a comment below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)