7 Lap Desks That Don’t Totally Suck
Let’s face it, we all end up working on our couch, in an easy chair, or even in bed when the going gets really tough. You’ve probably tried using a pillow as a lap desk more than once, or maybe a hefty coffee table book. Or maybe, just maybe, you still have one of those bean bag style lap desks with a Lisa Frank design on it from the ’90s. If you’re in that category, no need to read on.
If, however, you’re like the rest of us though, you definitely want to check out these 7 lap desks that don’t make you feel like a middle schooler. (For the exact opposite, check out 10 ways to make your own standing desk!)
1. Tembo Laptop Cushion ($35): This convenient cushion is perfect for perching a laptop, tablet, or a hearty hardcover book. Perhaps a DIY tutorial is in order?
2. Flip-Out Lap Desk ($49): Flip out! Seriously, this find is from Pottery Barn Teen – what what! We love the bold colors and simple design. And when you don’t feel like working, this doubles as a solid catch-up-on-Modern-Family viewing center.
4. La Vela Extendable Bedside Desk (contact to order): This is a nightstand we can get behind! Now, who’s bringing us breakfast?
5. OpenAire (concept): It’s a messenger bag that doubles as a desk! We can’t wait to see this concept come to life.
7. Striped Lap Desk ($46): Put a plant on it! As simple and old school as this is, it’s definitely our favorite. We love the bold stripes and sleek look.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)