15 DIY Father’s Day Gifts You *Still* Have Time to Make
You can’t say we didn’t warn you, but Father’s Day is coming up quick. If you’re still scrambling to find something Dad will actually want, check out these 15 quick and inexpensive DIY gifts that he’s sure to appreciate. Step away from that tie and show him the love with a personalized handmade present that he’ll brag to all of his friends about.
1. Pop Art Posters: Any hip and handy dad will enjoy this colorful pop art, featuring all the hand tools that he has in his toolbox. You don’t need any drawing skills for this either. You can directly trace the tools onto the paper and then personalize with little details to make the art seem more dimensional. (via Paper + Stitch)
2. Pre-Shave Oil: Here’s a simple gift that he can use all the time! Made with grapeseed oil, this pre-shave oil is a great natural alternative to shaving gel and will leave his skin silky smooth. (via The Merry Thought)
3. Etched Rocks Glasses: If Dad drinks his whiskey neat, he’ll love the vintage-inspired look of these personalized rocks glasses. (via Brit + Co)
4. Custom Coffee Sleeve: Grab one of these awesome coffee sleeves and pass along some respect to your dad via his daily coffee order this Sunday. (via The Sweet Escape)
5. Grillmaster BBQ Apron: The total time to make this is only about an hour, but he’ll be reaching for this sweet apron for years to come. (via Handmade in the Heartland)
6. Recycled Leather Shelf: Grab a couple of thrifted belts and a couple of pieces of aged wood, and you have the makings of an awesome shelf that he can hang anywhere. (via Design Sponge)
7. Pop-Up Card: Don’t sell out for one of those cliched commercial cards when you could make this rad card. Grab some pens and paper and have fun making Dad feel extra special. (via Oh Joy)
8. Necktie Cookies: We love the idea of these tie cookies, and we’re positive that he’ll enjoy a box of necktie cookies more than that last-minute tie you’re considering. (via Best Friends For Frosting)
9. Beard Oil: Guys want beauty products, even if they won’t admit it; this oil will make his beard soft and shiny with its mixture of essential oils. (via Goldmine Journal)
10. Leather Luggage Tags: For the briefcase-carrying father or the dad who’s always traveling, give his luggage some class with these easy-to-make leather tags. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
11. DIY Leather Cast Iron Grip: Some dads are practically inseparable from their perfectly seasoned cast iron skillets. This leather handle protector is great for anyone who loves to get a good sear going. (via Alice and Lois)
12. DIY Travel Watch Roll: Have a horology enthusiast in the family? (Don’t worry, we had to look it up too.) This watch roll will keep all of Dad’s prized possessions protected during travel. (via Beyond Coffee Cake)
13. DIY Airplane Cocktail Kit: Those hastily made airline g-and-t’s aren’t what they used to be. Treat Pops to this sleek cocktail kit that’s great for jazzing things up mid-flight. (via Feast & West)
14. DIY Monogrammed Collar Stays: Ah, the humble collar stay. Something every put-together dad needs but rarely remembers to keep on hand. Class up his closet with these monogrammed metal ones for extra style points. (via Shrimp Salad Circus)
15. DIY Valet Tray Set: These handy catch-alls work for bedside tables, entryways, and anywhere else little objects tend to collect. This particularly handsome coordinating set is ideal for his watch, wallet, keys, and anything else he tends to forget. (via Lia Griffith)
Looking for more gift ideas? Follow us on Pinterest!
(Additional reporting by Emily Bihl)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)