24 Father’s Day Gifts Under $40
Dads are some of the most important men in our lives. In order to show him (your father or the father of your children) how much you care, we’ve compiled a list of gifts for under $40 that have absolutely nothing to do with ties. Whether he is an electronics junkie, a whiskey aficionado or loves to show off his skills in the kitchen, you’ll find only the best to celebrate that ruggedly handsome man you or your kids call Pops.
1. Bormioli Rocco 7-Piece Whiskey Gift Set ($30): Give the gift of class without breaking the bank. Who knows? Maybe he’ll offer you a cigar and ask your opinion on foreign policy in his study.
2. Dollar Shave Club Subscription ($12/year): Save him a trip to Target with a monthly subscription of shaving paraphernalia.
3. Legless Corkscrew ($15): Because wine lovers and jokesters are not mutually exclusive, there’s this corkscrew-legged little fella.
5. Speck Products CandyShell Card Case for iPhone 5/5S ($39): Help him keep all of his valuables in one place and keep him looking like a trendsetter.
6. Himalayan Salt Tequila Glasses- Set of 4 ($30): He will no longer need to salt the rim of his glass. Just add tequila, and shoot!
7. Kikkerland Magic Soap Odor Remover ($8): Some men are much too manly to wash their hands with regular soap. This steel odor remover will keep them burly and odor-free.
8. Beer Making Kit: Everyday IPA ($40): Got a dad who knows a thing or two about brew? Well, it’s time he made his own. He’ll get all the ingredients and instructions he needs… and maybe even your expert opinion on hops to water ratio.
9. City Glass Map ($13): No matter if he loves his current locale or if he feels nostalgia for his hometown, these tumblers will be his new favorite drinking companions.
10. Golfers BBQ Set ($28): This may be the most dad-ish gift in the universe: a combination of his two big loves — BBQ and golf — in one perfect novelty item that he can actually use.
11. Weber Stainless Steel Smoker Box ($25): Add in some smoking chips, and clip this box right into the BBQ for some serious flavored meat.
12. Monthly Subscription to Wired Magazine ($20 annually): Buy him a monthly subscription so he can bone up on all the trendy new devices you kids are always talking about these days. (via Future Candy)
13. Smartphone Portable Charger ($25): If he’s more technologically savvy, buy him something he is sure to get some serious use out of. In fact, we might buy a matching set — one for him, one for us.
14. Google Chromecast ($35): Convince him that cable is so 2012 with a Google Chromecast. He can watch HBO and all of those golf opens that he claims to find thrilling.
16. Cycle Care Kit ($15): Is your padre the active type? He most certainly can’t keep in shape without taking care of his equipment. Help him keep his two-wheeled ride in perfecto condition, and maybe join him on a long ride on his big day.
17. The New Dad’s Survival Guide: Man-to-Man Advice for First-Time Fathers ($13): There is a lot to know as a first-time father. The man in your life will most certainly benefit from some sage advice from the experts.
18. Pacifier Bottle Opener ($17): While he figures out parenthood, he can use this multi-functional pacifier and bottle opener to comfort both him and baby.
19. The Modern Gentleman ($14): Nothing is more appreciated than a true gentleman. Dad is a gentleman already, so let him appreciate the adages.
2o. Zwilling Pour Homme Nose and Ear Hair Cutter ($30): You may have noticed that as your parental figure gets older, hair starts sprouting out of every orifice in his face. Help Pops get those hairs in check with a fabulous new cutter.
21. Harry’s Father and Son Shave Set ($30): Dads are sons’ first heroes, and we know those boys can’t wait to learn how to shave like their favorite guy. This matching “like father, like son” kit allows for true male bonding.
22. Hide Luggage Tags ($28): Braided luggage tags are a sure sign of a distinguished man.
23. Gentleman’s Hardware iPad Case ($40): We’re sure your dad will love a classic and stylish way to protect his iPad.
24. Glass Bottles With Wood Stoppers ($19 – $39): Customize his barware with rustic wood stoppers atop his whiskey or wine decanters, and then raise a glass to the best darn dad in the universe.
Have you found something totally amazing to give your dad this Father’s Day? Holler at us in the comments and let us know!