From the sweetest strawberries to the juiciest watermelons, you’ve been basking in the glory of warm-weather fruits and veggies for months. Fortunately, summer still has a few more tricks up its sleeves. Blackberries, figs, and Concord grapes hit their peak in late July and August, and you’ll also find yellow peaches in abundance. Enjoy them out of hand or whip up one of the dessert recipes below to really enjoy these heart-of-summer gems.
1. Fig, Blackberry, and Hazelnut Rye Galette: A galette’s free-form pastry makes it super easy to throw together, especially for beginning pie makers. This one gets an upgrade with rye pastry crust and hazelnut frangipane. (via The Brick Kitchen)
3. Blackberry Ice Cream: There’s nothing better than sweet cream swirled with a ripple of tangy, crimson fruit. We love this on top of a crunchy sugar cone, but it’s equally delicious on its own. (via Style Sweet CA)
5. Small Batch Cheesecake With Elderflower Peaches: How many times have you drooled over a cheesecake recipe, only to remember that you don’t have a springform pan? This genius recipe requires only a loaf pan and is the perfect size for sharing with just a few friends. (via The Bojon Gourmet)
7. Vanilla Bean and Fig Shortbread Drizzled With Honey Glaze: As pretty as they are delicious, these bars are also the perfect portable dish for your next picnic or BBQ. (via Vegetarian Ventures)
11. Balsalmic Berry and Fig Pavlova: If you haven’t tried balsamic vinegar with your berries, you’ve been missing out. The combination is a match made in tangy-sweet heaven. (via Temple & Webster Journal)
Ready for more summer recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!