17 Beyond-Basic Watermelon Recipes You Need This Summer
Summer cookouts aren’t complete without a platter of watermelon wedges — either au natural or spiked (or both!). This collection of 17 watermelon recipes goes beyond the basics to make melon a welcome addition to the table all season long. Kicky salsas, refreshing frozen treats, adult libations and much more showcase the watermelon’s awesome versatility. Each is sure to get the party started wherever they’re invited!
1. Coconut Tapioca Pudding With Melon Ice: Every spoonful delivers a lovely contrast of refreshingly tart melon ice and creamy, tropical-flavored tapioca pudding. Talk about an absolute delight for the senses. (via Always With Butter)
2. Coconut Rice and Watermelon Salad Bowls: A great way to use up leftover steamed rice, these chilled grain salad bowls make for a delicious light meal that comes together in just minutes. (via Cotter Crunch)
9. Watermelon Coconut Ice Cream (Vegan, Gluten-Free): You don’t even need an ice cream maker to churn up a batch of this luscious, date-sweetened and dairy-free frozen dessert. (via Nutritionist in the Kitchen)
14. Watermelon Pizza: Go low-carb in a bright new way by topping wedges of watermelon with feta, onions and olives. It may not take the place of your fave pie, but still makes for a tasty appetizer. (via Nugget Markets)
16. Mahi Mahi Tacos With Tequila-Soaked Watermelon Salsa: Mango, avocado and watermelon combine to create a stunning, spicy salsa for these grilled fish tacos. (via Half Baked Harvest)
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy watermelon? Share your preferences and recipes with us in the comments!