So Fresh and So Clean: 8 Laundry Room Essentials
Laundry. It’s one of those chores we tend to avoid as long as possible — let’s be honest we’ve all rocked swimsuit bottoms on a Friday. But, it doesn’t have to be this way. It’s easy to make your laundry room both cozy and productive — you just need the right tools.
It’s all part of our Storage and Organization Series with Target, a series devoted to getting organized as we usher in a new year. In addition to a whole variety of organizational content here on Brit + Co, we’ve partnered with four guest bloggers to ask them how they get things organized as well. Check it all out here.
Now, as your mom might say, it’s time to put the FUN in functional ;)
1. Triple Laundry Sorter with Removable Clothes Rack ($109): Set the scene with the most awesome clothes rack we’ve ever seen. I realize that is a super nerdy thing to say, but the three hanging hampers are a laundry room dream come true.
2. Wooden Hangers ($16): Next, make sure you have wooden or plastic hangers in your laundry room. You’ll use these to hang those extra special garments that need to hang to dry, or for things that you know you want to wear right away before they get wrinkly.
3. Iron and Ironing Board: Of course, you’ve gotta keep those clothes of yours pressed and at the ready. We use this Black & Decker White Steam Iron ($11) on the daily here at Brit HQ. And up until recently, we were doing the old folded towel on the table trick as an ironing board. This extra wide Threshold Wide Top Ironing Board ($50) is just the thing you need, and you can even add a Reversible Ironing Board Cover ($19) of extra style points.
4. Prep Products: When it comes to washers and dryers, unfortunately not all fabrics and articles of clothing were created equal. Stock up on Static Guard ($3), Faultless Premium Starch ($2) and Method Dryer Activated Fabric Softener ($7) to keep your clothes looking brand new every time you wash ’em. You can use plastic bins and baskets like these Sterilite Stacking Storage Bins ($15) to keep everything organized.
5. Evercare Gentle Fabric Shaver ($10): Sometimes, your clothes come out of the washer and dryer looking just as tired as they did when they went in. For those, use one of these handy fabric shavers. It will instantly remove any pilling or irregularity on your garments — just make sure to use it gently.
6. Room Essentials Storage Cubes ($7): Where do you store those orphan socks every time you sort your laundry? In a couple bins that live in your laundry room, that’s where.
7. Washi Wall: To add a little personality to our laundry space, we added washi tape to the wall. This is easy to rotate out and replace when you’re bored of your design, and you don’t need to worry about the tape getting ruined due to the steam and moisture in your laundry room.
8. Bins and Baskets: Finally, lots of bins and baskets for sorting, folding and storing odds and ends.
Ready to schedule your next laundry day? We thought so.
This post is a collaboration with Target.