Shop Lauren Conrad’s BFF Gift Guide on a $150 Budget
One thing’s for sure, Lauren Conrad knows how to treat the women in her life. Need we remind you, we’re talking about the girl who designed dreamy wear-again dresses just for her bridesmaids to wear at her wedding this past September. So we’re not surprised to find out that LC just made the ultimate bff gift guide for the holidays. The kinda perfect list she shared with Who What Wear of her favorite for-your-girl picks includes winter-ready clothing and accessories that are chic and feminine, no matter how cozy they are — the kind of stuff she’ll open now and wear right away over break, whether it’s during your snowed in hot chocolate-athon or out as you two toast to the new year.
Our only issue: It’s all so expensive. Since we’re obsessed with LC’s on-point ideas, we’ve found budget-friendly versions of each of her gifts so that you can *actually* pass along an amazing presents to the girls who you consider your nearest and dearest. Need a last minute, wallet-friendly gift for your mom or sister, office wife or high school bestie, the whole lot of your winter wedding bridesmaids or all of the above? This is the list to bookmark.
1. Cartonnier Diplomate Coat ($268): A camel coat is a must-have this winter, not just because it’s chic, but also because the wool neutral goes with nearly any style your bestie so chooses to wear (joggers + sneaks/flares + crop top/knee-high boots + mini — it will all work). Stay with the sleek trench silhouette and modern moto lapel of LC’s pick with this Forever 21 Boxy Woven Moto Jacket ($25).
2. kate spade new york Wedding belles Emanuelle Clutch ($328): It’s not a celebration without glitter, and since that’s a motto you and your bff live by, this technicolor specked clutch will make her NYE. Get the same pizzazz minus the whimsical hardware (she’ll just have to find her own frog prince to kiss at midnight) with this maker-made PupTartHandmade Multi Glitter Party Clutch ($25).
3. Equipment Lilian Striped Washed-Silk Pajama Set ($388): You’re never too old for a slumber party (did someone say ShondaLand binge watch over break?), and while LC’s PJ pick is ultra luxe, we’ll keep thinks cozy (and just as cute) for our P.I.C. with this Victoria’s Secret Sleepover Cotton Knit Romper ($38).
4. Kristen Elspeth Cultured Freshwater Pearl Ring ($242): Pearls are currently considered a cool girl accessory, and just in case your buds haven’t jumped on the trend yet, you’re here to help. While LC’s wrap-around pick is to-die-for, we’ve found our own next-level pearl accessory in this Sabine 3 Pearl Ring ($15).
5. Sam Edelman Sequined Blazer ($138): Between family get-togethers and sneaking out to hang with Y.O.U., your busy bestie might not have had the time to plan her holiday party outfit from head to toe. Surprise her with a sparkly, LC-approved layer that will *make* her look, like this H&M Sequined Jacket ($25).
6. EF Collection Diamond Mini Arrow Stud Earrings ($295): These dainty earrings are a home run for any girl obsessed with minimal jewelry. Get your gfs their new everyday earrings with these Dogeared Small Arrow Stud Earrings ($42) that they can wear as a set or easily mix with the rest of their collection of teeny tiny studs.
7. Chinti and Parker Star-Intarsia Cashmere Sweater ($525): True, you can’t go wrong with cashmere, but if you can’t splurge on the snuggly soft sweater for your bff, take a cue from the design on this LC pick and set your sights on the stars. Our favorite affordable twinkling knit is this dreamy wool Ann Taylor Star Print Sweater ($80).
8. Nappa Dori Blush Vanity Trunk ($300): Your bestie alreadyhas all the jewelry she could want — she just has no where to store it. LC’s vintage-style vanity trunk is adorable, but we’re obsessed with this modern, color blocked Wolf Vaxholm Large Jewelry Box ($129) made with organic materials. The built-in mirror and removable tray are plush amenities — you could always keep it simple with the just-as-cool smaller version ($49) to keep the price point really, really at bay.
Click through to WhoWhatWear to see LC’s full gift guide. Or if you need more gifting and holiday inspiration? Here are three more essential tips straight from Lauren:
– Here are the five gorgeous things Lauren gifted her bridesmaids. Use it as an addendum to this list.
– Channel Lauren’s style with eight holiday style tips modeled by LC herself!
– Throw the get-together of the year with Lauren’s eight party planning tips every hostess should know.
What are you gifting your bestie this year? Where did you find your inspiration? Tell us what and where you get presents good enough for your bff in the comments below.