8 Holiday Party Planning Tips from Lauren Conrad
November 1 marks the first day of the year when you really start to feel the holiday push. Even if snow hasn’t fallen in your neck of the woods, storefronts have already started to get festive (off and online) and wares get glitzier and glitzier as the celebrations near, as with Lauren Conrad’s latest clothing line for Kohl’s. And while the cozy-chic collection is actually getting us pumped for the weather to turn (think: fuzzy knits, flattering sweater dresses, coated jeans and classic winter cocktail dresses), the lookbook offers up much more than just tips for festive dressing. The shots show LC in full party planning mode, trimming her impossibly pretty tree, frosting cookies, tying bows like she was born to gift wrap and inspiring our holiday plans in the process. If you haven’t started your holiday party planning list (and checking it twice), Lauren will get you to hop on that sleigh… er train starting now.
1. There’s more to holiday dressing than red + green: The holidays are the prime season for going no holds barred with metallics, so why wear expected red and green? This silver party dress from LC’s collection (not yet available online) fits and flares to flatter with a shimmer that will stand out from the crowd.
2. Stick to a color scheme for a chic trimmed tree: Only LC would take tree trimming inspo from pink roses, and even though it seems like a left field muse, the dusty pink hue, along with pops of rose gold and hot pink, all actually works with tree green. If you’re feeling a more non-traditional color scheme come Christmastime, choose similar shades and stick to ’em.
3. Tis the season for specialty drinks: Spiced cider, mulled wine, egg nog, hot buttered rum… need we go on? Offering any of these drinks at your holiday bash is sure to please a crowd, though you could always take it up a notch by putting your own spin on the drinkable delights, like (what we imagine to be) Lo’s green peppermint hot cocoa.
4. No present is complete without a gift topper: No matter how pretty the wrapping paper, be sure to add an extra special touch to your gifts with a topper, be it silky ribbon a big bow, personalized tags or our favorite: 3D printed ornaments.
5. Natural elements make the wintery scene: The tree shouldn’t be the only green in your pad come Christmastime. Pine and cedar trimmings make remarkable garland, table center pieces and even wintery floral crowns!
6. You’re never too old to decorate cookies: Lauren displays an important truth: cookie decorating is a universal pleasure. Set up a frosting station at your bash and we bet your guests will freak.
7. Don’t forget the mistletoe: Why not set the odds ever in your favor with this subtle smooch station? Hang the mistletoe from a doorway or make it a photo booth prop!
8. Balloons are always appropriate: Lauren gets that no celebration is complete without balloons. That goes for Xmas too. New tradition? We think so!!
Are you starting to plan your holiday party already? What are your hostess must haves? Share your tips in the comments below!