Warm weather is coming to an end (sort of), and while your Insta feed is full of fond memories, your tresses might tell a different story. Thanks to a season in the sun, they’ve got some unwanted souvenirs, namely split ends and straw-like strands. Time for a fall turnaround with the latest crop of leave-in conditioners that will send damaged hair packing. We scouted out those that will restore the shine and softness to all hair types just after a few applications. Scroll down to have fabulous fall hair stat.
1. Fekkai PrX Reparatives With Argan Extract Instant Repair Leave-in Conditioner Spray ($19): This lightweight treatment is a one-spritz wonder to fight frizz, dullness, and weak locks. Shake up the dual phase formula and spray root to tip; the argan oil (with sweet vanilla scent) gets to work restoring shine and health back to hair.
2. Garnier Whole Blends Replenishing Leave-in Conditioner ($6): A dose of this olive oil conditioner transforms rough ends to smooth and touchably soft.
3. Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Leave-in Treatment ($10): Sure, one of the reasons we love this conditioner is that it smells like a warm breeze on a tropical vacation, but we’re really smitten with the mix of shea oil, coconut oil, and coconut milk that coats hair and creates a barrier against humidity-causing frizz.
4. Pantene PRO-V Gold Series Leave-on Detangling Milk ($7): This formula, infused with argan oil, is your go-to when you’re teasing out tangles. Put a dollop in your hair post-shower and comb through; the milky treatment softens curls and makes styling easy-peasy.
5. Vernon Francois Leave-in Conditioner ($28): From Lupita Nyongo’o’s main man, this formula is really like a two-in-one: The nourishing blend of amino acids (from beet extracts) and natural plant oils like monoi condition wet or dry tresses. Spritz it after your towel dry to give hair a hydration boost and in between washes for added brilliance.
6. Deva Curl B’Leave-in Miracle Curl Plumper ($20): Curly types know that putting in too much product can make ringlets limp. Packed with wheat proteins, lemongrass, and chamomile, the formula works to keep curls bouncy, infusing them with radiance and volume.
7. Christophe Robin Hydrating Leave-in Mist With Aloe Vera ($39): When you need to fix your style stat, opt for an airy mist with aloe vera gel and plant extracts. The conditioning ingredients work on dry hair just as well as wet, giving your hair a refresh that can be restyled in minutes.
8. Phyto Paris Leave-in Hydrating Day Cream ($29): The worst offenders for damaging dry hair? Environmental aggressors, such as UV rays and pollution, which weaken strands and zap oils that keep hair hydrated. This leave-in cream is like a moisturizing sunscreen for your hair: The seven plant ingredients work together to protect fragile strands from the environment, while also softening and smoothing them.
What’s your favorite conditioner? Share with us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.