5 Girls Trips to Recharge for the New Year
The new year's in full swing, and what better way to hit your travel resolutions than booking a trip with your best gals? Girls trips are good for the soul, and a great way to recharge. From the east coast to the west, here's a roundup of the most relaxing stateside getaways for you and your tribe.
1. Palm Springs, CA: With resorts galore and nearly nonstop sunshine, Palm Springs is an ideal place to unwind with your girls for a long weekend. For a low key, yet chic vibe, check into Arrive Palm Springs and soak up some sun by their palm-studded pool. Find time for pampering at the Estrella Spa in the iconic Avalon Hotel. And once you're ready for wine time, don't miss Counter Reformation, the stylish Jonathan Adler-designed wine bar on the lush grounds of the Parker Hotel.
2. Santa Fe, NM: For good reason, New Mexico is known as the "Land of Enchantment" — and Santa Fe's at the heart of the magic. This laid-back, high-desert town has an energy that's unlike anywhere else, with no shortage of opportunities for relaxation and inspiration. (B + C Founder Brit Morin recently had the ultimate girls trip there).
Hit the hiking trails at the Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument to take in the unique natural beauty and expansive views of the area. Once you're done, reward yourselves with some soaking tub serenity at the can't-miss Ten Thousand Waves Spa. And while you're about town, check out Meow Wolf's immersive art installations for a mind-bending experience.
3. Sedona, AZ: An adult playground with an awe-inspiring landscape as the backdrop, Sedona is the perfect place for your group to get away and become one with nature. Whether you want to scale the Red Rocks with a rigorous hike or do a drive-by with Pink Jeep Adventure Tours, there's an array of options for experiencing the surroundings. Once sightseeing's checked off your list, settle in at the Enchantment Resort Mii amo spa for massages and fireside champs. And when the day is done, set your sights on the star-filled skies with Sedona Stargazing.
4. Charleston, SC: Considering its historic charm, stunning architecture and world-class food scene, it's no wonder that Charleston's all the rage. Of course, you and your crew should take advantage of all the city has to offer — go for a stroll down the famous Charleston Battery, sample Lowcountry seafood at the Delaney Oyster House, and enjoy rooftop views of the Holy City from the Citrus Club. But while you're there, don't miss out on the natural beauty Charleston has to offer. For the ultimate nature retreat, book a stay at The Charleston Treehouse.
5. Key West, FL: With its tropical temps and laid-back island vibes, Key West is prime for girlfriend getaway time. First things first, catch up on downtime when you check into the Southernmost Beach Resort. Once you're ready for action, grab the girls and explore the island on two wheels with beach cruisers. After you're done cruising up and down Duval Street, catch a beautiful sunset from the world-famous Mallory Square. Make sure to hit up Blue Heaven's backyard for an authentic (and eclectic) Key West dining experience — complete with key lime pie and live music.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)