It’s no secret that this is the season of eye-catching stripes. But here’s some straight talk: The latest nail trend is actually all about the lines. Whether zig-zagged, pinstripe, or geometric, we’re completely stroked, er, stoked about this look. The best part? It is beyond simple to copy. Here are a few super easy options we can’t wait to get our digits aligned with.
1. The Single Line Standout: If you get the same monochrome mani over and over, it doesn’t take a lot to take your nails to the next level. Silver polish adds so much to the look with just a single centered line.
2. Geo Lines: Color way outside the lines with this fun geometric look that could go in all different directions. Start with a white or light pink neutral base and then create patterns with OTT black lines. Fill in with some gold (because, obvs). Leaving a single nail dark makes the lines stand out even more.
3. Patterned Pointers: Lines don’t have to be boring. This option smartly contrasts the single color nails with diagonal patterns. Plus, how cute are those little polka dots?
4. Black and White All Over: A little detail can go a long way with pinstripes. Who says you have to wait until June to wear white? We’re all about this look now.
5. Color Contrast: After months of gray, we’re ready for some color in our life, courtesy of spring-ready plaid. Use a bright base (think yellow or blue), and then alternate strokes with shades that really stand out.
6. Power to the Pastel: Using different hues in the same color family is the perfect way to incorporate lines into your look without going too OTT. This powerful combo starts with the perfect, spring pastel shade of purple, and adds in a darker stripe for contrast.
7. Light Lines: If you’ve got any warm-weather weddings coming up and are looking for something other than a French mani, these straight striped lines look oh.so.pretty next to pink and sparkles.
Looking for more mani inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!