Spring Trends to Try: 15 Fresh Ways to Rock Stripes
Stripes are one of those timeless things you can wear whenever, forever. But this spring, we say ditch those tried and true Breton blue stripes for statement-making streaks in eye-catching colors, sizes and patterns. Unlike some other trends you might encounter this season, this is one you can definitely feel good about, because like T Swift says: They “never go out of style.”
1. Color Block Dress in Stripes Print ($56): A standout look that requires little to no effort? We’re in. Throw on this bold striped number and get ready to turn heads.
2. ASOS Maxi Skirt in Stripe with Cutaway Front ($57): Nothing says spring like the introduction of flowy skirts back into our lives. Sport this skirt with a blazer for work or with a floppy hat and fringe bag for the ultimate festival getup.
3. Unif Dashiki Dress ($85): Whether you’re hitting up flea markets or relaxing poolside in a balmy beach destination, we’ve found the perfect laid-back dress for all your spring off-duty needs.
4. River Island Stripe Cigarette Pant ($76): When in doubt, stripe it out. These cigarette pants, with their soft pastel pink stripes, are just what you need for your new warmer-weather office style.
5. Simply Be Cut About Stripe Skirt ($40): This bold striped skirt has fierce written all over it. Rock it at work with a blazer and killer heels while you dominate the boardroom, then mix things up with a leather jacket and slinky cami for a night out with the girls.
7. Zara Striped Sarong Skirt ($80): Sophisticated and feminine doesn’t have to mean safe. This flattering skirt is 9-to-5-approved, but the statement-making stripes make it fun enough to wear on a night out. Pair it with a satin cami, sleek, modern sandals and an oversized clutch.
8. Front Row Shop Wide Pants in Colorful Stripes ($39): The easiest way to pull off colorful striped pants like these? Keeping the rest of your look simple, with monochromatic pieces in muted hues.
9. Cameo Real Talk Stripe Trench Coat ($266): When you’re ready to trade out your winter layers for something a little lighter, opt for a classic trench with a cool, contemporary twist and striking black and white stripes.
10. Moulinette Soeurs Paint Stripe Mini Dress ($178): Revamping your closet for spring? Add a lightweight dress with lots of personality to your must-have list, like this bronze chevron-striped number.
11. Topshop Nautical Stripe Shift Dress ($95): Sailor stripes with a downtown flair. This textured shift dress is crazy versatile.: Dress it up with polished accessories for a warm weather soiree, or toss it on with Stan Smiths and leather backpack for a laid-back look.
13. Loup Striped Capri Tee ($1o5): Swap out your Breton stripes for a top that packs more of a punch. With color blocked panels and a cropped cut, this casual tee is the ideal partner for all your high-waisted pieces.
14. All Blues Ribbed Sweater Dress ($68): Who says stripes have to be just black and white? Flaunt this pretty blue frock with some platform sneaks and a light trench for early spring when there’s still a nip in the air.
15. Warehouse Stripe Blouse ($71): Don’t let the lightweight fabric fool you — this striped blouse is a sartorial heavy-hitter.
What patterns are you loving for spring? Tell us in the comments!