Bring on the sunshine and rays, because we’ve got you covered with the top SPF products this summer. Everything from your scalp down to your toes needs protection, whether you buy it or DIY it. And even when the clouds are out, it’s still important to stay covered. So throw on a great pair of sunnies, lather up and enjoy the summer sun while staying safe and stylish.
1. Aveda Sun Care ($21-$28): Cleanse, restore and protect your tresses! Aveda’s luxurious ingredients feature UV filters that help cleanse hair of salt and chlorine build-up + help protect it from sun damage.
2. Josie Maran Moisturizer SPF 47 ($32): Chemical-free and lightweight, Josie Maran’s organic argan oil moisturizer contains SunBoost ATB, which works with natural sunscreens to protect, condition and nourish skin.
3. Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Powder SPF 45 ($30): Another great option to protect your face is a matte mineral powder. Requiring no rubbing in or getting powder all over the place, it’s an all-in-one tube + brush combo!
4. SPF Addict UPF 50+ Cruzin Hoodie ($86): Even if it’s breezy at the beach, you’ll still need coverage! Slip on this ultra comfy UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) 50+ hoodie with cozy thumb holes and a kangaroo pocket.
5. Eos Lemon Drop Smooth Sphere SPF 15 Lip Balm ($4): Paraben-free and full of vitamin E! This twist-off, uniquely shaped lip balm resists water for 80 minutes and smells delish!
7. Supergoop Forever Young Hand Cream SPF 40 ($30): It’s never too early to start protecting the delicate skin on the back of your hands, which can quickly age from sun exposure. This hand cream nourishes with meadowfoam, argan oil and collagen-producing sea buckthorn. It’s super good goop!
10. CeraVe Sunscreen ($12 and up): This lightweight, oil-free sunscreen is available at most drugstores. Invisible zinc technology delivers a clear and dry finish when you apply, so there’s none of that mysterious white goop left behind.
12. Clarins SPF 50+ Milk-Lotion Spray ($35): A milk-lotion spray is a more luxurious alternative to rub-in sun tan lotion. This hydrating spray contains an anti-aging formula too, so there’s no way that sun’s messing with your gorgeous skin.
13. Sun Guard Laundry Aid ($3): This product lets you wash some sun protection right into your clothing. The UPF 30 coverage lasts through 20 future washings.
14. Sun-Fighting Superfoods: Don’t forget that eating tomatoes and watermelon for antioxidants, carrots and sweet potatoes for beta carotene and dark, leafy vegetables + fruits for vitamin C will help protect your skin from the inside out. (via Women’s Health, photo via Larry Hanna)
15. Tkees Sunscreens Flip flops ($50): Flip-flops packed with SPF? You betcha! Perfect for the beach or poolside, and you can choose between SPF 15 or 30. The neutral beige color is sure to go with everything in your summer wardrobe.
How will you protect your hair, skin and nails from the sun this summer? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook.