23 Lip Stains for the Perfect Pout
Searching for the perfect pout to go with your next party dress, hair and makeup? Need an appropriately vampy look to pair with your new winter coat? Don’t worry, we have you covered. From the palest pink to voluptuous plum, we’ve rounded up the top lip stains to suit all your needs. Whether you swipe it on your lips for a fresh pop of color, or blend it on your cheeks for a faint blush, these products will make you look (and feel) gorgeous no matter what kind of night you’re planning. So pucker up and get ready for these 23 lip-smacking finds.
1. Vincent Longo Lip Cheek Gel Stain in Sweet Apollonia ($24): Dot on and blot this deep plum shade for major drama without the hassle. It also layers on easily over already moisturized cheeks for your convenience.
2. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Stained Gloss in Jealous ($18): This vegan lip stain is super shiny and lightweight, leaving behind a hint of blush even after most of it has rubbed off.
3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey ($9): Super smooth and moisturizing, this balm comes in a rainbow of shades. We are loving this soft pink for everyday wear.
4. Beaute Liqui-Gel Stain in Neon ($29): Pucker up and swipe this one on for a major pop of bright, vibrant color. We can safely say that it’s the perfect accompaniment to a LBD.
5. NARS “The Multiple” in Undress Me ($39): This shimmery lilac shade is perfect for pairing with a gray smokey eye and some sparkly earrings.
6. Pop Beauty Stain Stay in Poppy Kiss ($12): We love the coral shade of this super hydrating, smudge-proof lip stain.
7. Stila Lip and Cheek Stain in Pomegranate ($24): Pomegranate is a nice, brighter alternative to the oh-so-trendy plum shade. It will also pair nicely with a simple nude makeup look.
8. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Calypso Coral ($27): Toss this in your purse and carry it with you wherever you go. We’re willing to bet you’ll find yourself reaching for this shade every day.
9. Coriander Herbal Lip Stain ($10): This deep scarlet lip butter is all natural — beets, beeswax and olive oil all combine to give you the ultimate vampy lip.
10. Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Reviver Lipstick Stain in Je Ne Sais Quoi ($20): Why such a pale shade? This multi-purpose lipstick, balm, anti-aging conditioner and gloss is so useful that you need it in a shade you can wear all the time.
11. Lancôme La Laque Fever Lip Gloss in Plum Wave ($27): This gloss is silicone based, which means it hydrates your lips and lasts a lot longer than most other products on the market.
12. E.L.F. Studio Lip Stain in Red Carpet ($3): Need an everyday silky matte red lipstick? Try this (super cheap) solution!
13. Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain in Sweetheart ($7): This balm and stain combo is the brightest pink we’ve seen in a while, and we bet the vibrant hue would look perfect on both lips and cheeks.
14. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm in Hibiscus ($7): Burt’s beeswax balm is 100% natural and super soothing for chapped lips during the chilly winter months. The hibiscus in this balm also adds a lovely smell and just a hint of color.
15. Vitality Lip Blush Hydrating Lip Stain in Wine Berry Flush ($24): Talk about a vampy look. We love this uber-dark purple, which still feels light thanks to plenty of shimmer.
16. Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate ($12): This lip balm has Shea butter to make lips soft and kissable. No doubt, the coral shade is beautiful on lips and cheeks alike.
17. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lip Stick in Beso ($22): We love this ruby red shade, and we love this lip stain even more because it’s proven to stay on alllll day.
19. Fat and the Moon Lip + Cheek Stain ($12): This handmade organic lip stain features alkanet and beet root, sunflower oil, beeswax and rose geranium essential oil. Did we mention it’s also made to order?
20. Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon ($25): This dual-action tint is water resistant and packed with loads of moisturizing vitamin E. It also comes in a huge variety of colors. We’ll take one of each, please.
21. Benefit Cha Cha Tint ($30): Talk about bold. This bright mango shade is not for the faint of heart, but the colorful pop is worth it for those who dare.
22. CoverGirl Outlast Lip Color in Nude Kiss ($7): A mocha lip balm might be unusual, but we think it’s the perfect accessory for a sparkly dress or top.
23. NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Golshan ($25): This color is described as “spiced wine,” and we couldn’t agree more. Pair it with a glass of red and a sultry cat eye for a captivating “come-hither” look.
Which of these bright and vibrant lip stains are your fave? Tell us in the comments below!