Zap! Bang! Pow! How to Rock Superhero Style
With the incredible Avengers stealing our hearts earlier this year, the new Batman being an instant action classic, and the real-life superheroes of the Olympics, we've got superheroes on the mind here at Brit & Co. Here are 10 ways to rock your own superhero style… and only one involves a cape. ;)
1. Batman & Catwoman Jewelry ($190-$225): Now you can carry the power of Gotham in the palm of your hand, or on your ring finger. Or rock a pair of Catwoman claws on your ears. Rawr.
4. Wonder Woman Dress ($56): We promised there'd be one cape on this list. This bright yellow dress is the perfect summer frock for a dose of battle for the greater good.
5. Chain Fringe Cuff ($18): And while you're at it, grab a chunk of arm bling. We're swooning over this metal fringed cuff.
6. Killer Comic Book Heels (DIY): Grab a pair of vinyl pumps, a jar of Mod Podge, a cheap old comic book, and get to work! These are definitely time-consuming but look totally amazing. Stay tuned for another way to superhero-ify your heels later this week!
7. Batwing Shirt ($73): Wear your love for Batman in the form of a winged button-down. We love the winged reveal in this gothic number.
8. Batman Bodycon Dress ($73): Or go for the less subtle logo-tastic print on this skin tight bodycon dress.
9. DC Comics Cropped Tanks ($25): Remember Delia's? Or rather… Delia*s? Turns out they still have some pretty adorable threads, like these sweet cropped tanks.
10. Superhero Couture: Finally, a bit of high fashion. This collection by Romance Was Born is an official collaboration with Marvel and features Jack Kirby's famous dot technique and the process of CMYK printing, just like traditional comic books.