“DWTS” Lovebirds Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Tied the Knot at a RL Castle
It’s been a busy weekend full of love for the Dancing With the Stars fam! Not only did judge Julianne Hough and her beau Brooks Laich tie the knot in an outdoor Idaho ceremony, but dance pros Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd said “I do!” in a lavish ceremony straight out of a fairy tale.
Taking place at New York’s breathtaking Oheka Castle (which Swifty fans might recognize from her”Blank Space” music video), the extravagant nuptials were full of sweet, memorable moments from beginning to end. Check out all the heartwarming action below!
1. The Littlest Guest: The couple’s six-month-old son, Shai, kicked off the 40-minute outdoor ceremony as he was carried down the aisle by the bride’s mom to plenty of “ohhs” and “ahhs.”
2. Picture Perfect: The glowing bride looked absolutely gorgeous in a Karen Sabag Couture ballgown with plenty of pouf and off-the-shoulder straps, which she paired with heels she reportedly bought during her very first trip to her hubby’s native Ukraine.
3. All About Nature: Three hundred guests looked on as the couple exchanged vows they wrote themselves, beneath a canopy of white flowers on the estate’s grandiose main lawn, before sharing a passionate smooch.
4. A-List Bridesmaids: The 30-year-old’s bridesmaids included fellow DWTS pro Sharna Burgess and Rumer Willis (who took home the Mirrorball trophy in season 20).
5. An Epic Reception: Following the ceremony, guests headed inside for the reception, which took place in a flower-covered ballroom. While there, they enjoyed a five-course dinner and plenty of dancing (because, of course) to a 15-person band, reports Us. The bride slipped into a new statement-making dress for the party, this one with plenty of feathers and a see-through corset bodice.
6. The First Dance: Rather than showing off, Chmerkovskiy and his bride shared their first dance to what People called a “simple, slow” song (though a dip was definitely had!). He also sweetly serenaded her, with a little help from some backup dancers.
6. A Star-Studded Guest List: The unforgettable wedding saw plenty of A-list guests, including countless DWTS alums such as Nyle DiMarco, Kym Herjavec, Candace Cameron Bure, and Chmerkovskiy’s brother and best man, Val.
“It was everything we ever dreamt of,” the 37-year-old groom gushed to Us following the bash, as his bride added: “And the party of the year!”
It sure looked like it!
What do you think of Maksim and Peta’s extravagant bash? Tweet us @BritandCo.
(h/t E!; photo via Monica Schipper/Getty)