10 Kickstarter Projects You’re Going to Want to Put Your Money Behind in March 2016
Thanks to the power of crowdfunding, we’ve gotten to see a lot of pretty damn cool inventions come to life, like the Knix 8-in-1 Evolution Bra and or even this odd butter spray contraption. All in all, there’s a treasure trove of campaigns on crowdfunding sites like Indiegogo and Kickstarter that you can back, but it can get overwhelming sorting through the mix. So we’ll do it for you! Here’s our list of innovative new Kickstarter projects to back for March 2016. Check out the goods below.
2. The Mighty: This teeny audio player is like an iPod Shuffle, but for streaming! Plus, it has a 4GB hard drive. All you need is Bluetooth connection to sync your playlists initially, and then you’re out the door. Spend $79, and you’re in the portable streaming club.
3. Kirrin Finch Button Up Shirt: This sleek, professional button-up shirt works for many female bodies. Made and designed in NYC, you no longer need to borrow from the fellas or worry about your shirt bunching in the wrong places with these menswear-inspired — but made for women’s bodies — button ups. Spend $50, and you get the perfect business casual, gender neutral and universally flattering top you could ever hope for. Dress it up or down as you please!
4. World’s Best Travel Jeans: Look cool and stay comfortable while traveling, and arrive dressed to hit the town — instead of in your airport sweats. These jeans comes in three styles, and they work for men and women. Aviator USA has made a stretch denim pant that fits your passport and travel documents in the front pockets easily. The back pockets are “pickpocket proof” too, and the dark wash looks sophisticated. Jump in for about $100, and they’ll be yours.
5. Sweateralls: Comfy, stylish and perfect for active adults, these overalls made of fleece sweatshirt material are pretty much everything you could hope for in an outfit. And you can still get in for only $50! Dress them up or down, and support fair wages and local production in Los Angeles. Get into it and cozy up!
6. KP Duffle: The ultimate travel duffel for on-the-go adventurers, the KP Duffle has all the space you need. It’s a minimalist, angular design that has awesome outside pockets for must-have items, like your smartphone and travel water bottle. There’s also a super organized “utility hatch” and a shoe pocket for your favorite kicks. You’re looking at $170 for one of the only bags you’ll ever need, built to last. Weekend getaways, here you come.
7. Unicorn Poop Stuffed Scarves: If unicorns, rainbows and scarves with a sense of humor are your thing, meet these Unicorn Poop Stuffed Scarves. Cartoon unicorns are the inspiration for these bright, colorful, whimsical scarves. Stuffed animals double as fun decor and scarf holders, for about $50. In case you’re less about cute mystical creatures and more about the adorably macabre, there’s zombie entrails stuffed scarves too.
8. What? Watch Calendar Watch: Need help keeping up with your to-do list and #goals? This watch syncs with your favorite digital calendars for comprehensive time-keeping. The display shows strategically dark and light sections to indicate booked appointments on your schedule, and keeps you from being buried in your smartphone (or at the mercy of its battery life every day). About $265 will elevate the entire concept of the wristwatch in your life, and it’s available in three colors.
9. Vetta Capsule Clothing Collection: This clothing collection is responsible, sustainable fashion with a distinctive French-chic sensibility. These collections are made of five pieces, which can be mixed and matched to create 30 different outfits. They’re made in the US in ethical factories, from high-quality, hand-selected fabrics. Vetta created a Kickstarter to reach their minimum production goals, set for release this summer. Pledge $59 and up for individual pieces, or jump to $425 for a brand new #capsulewardrobe.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.