Mary-Kate Olsen seems to be settling into married life with her banker boo Olivier Sarkozy quite well post her smartphone-less, uber private wedding featuring bowls and bowls of cigarettes. The newlywed has been spotted around New York City sporting her brand new wedding band… and we have to say, it’s quite a surprising choice.
For her wedding band, Mary-Kate went with a simple gold band. This is definitely unexpected considering her vintage Cartier engagement ring features a 4-carat center diamond, a halo of blue sapphire and diamond petals. Plus, the thing cost $81,000 and was won in an auction at Sotheby’s and she hasn’t worn it since her. Sooooo different from her band, but we love it. The best part about a classic look is that it can never go out of style — and we know Mary-Kate is certainly eternally stylish. Here are five sweet and understated options that can help you cop her style.
1. Catbird’s Classic Hammered Ring ($64): This lovely option is from Brooklyn’s most popular indie jewelry store. Not only will this slim option barely put a dent in your wallet, but the hammered look also sets it apart.
2. TheSlyFox’s 14K Brushed Yellow Gold Ring ($218): This custom made Etsy beauty comes in a super unique brushed finish. It’s also made with recycled 14K gold, which is definitely brag-worthy.
3. Seababe Jewelry’s 18K Rose Gold Band ($371): This pretty Etsy store option’s biggest pro is that it’s super shiny. Plus, rose gold is the metal to beat at the moment — everyone loves this rosy hue! This glistening band will definitely draw compliments.
4. Erica Weiner Chevron 14K Yellow Gold Band ($800): This is the perfect ring for the bride who likes simple but not plain. The chevron print is a total throwback to Art Deco style and it’s also simply stunning.
5. Ken & Dana Grove Hammered Wedding Band ($1050): This funky hand-textured wedding band comes in two different band widths so you can have a matching set with your S.O. This yellow gold statement ring might be unadorned, but it’s definitely got lots of personality.
What do you think of Mary Kate’s wedding band? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Kevin Mazur/Getty + Alo Ceballos/Getty)