8 Products That Will Give You Perfect Slept-In Hair — in a Good Way
While glossy, shiny-from-a-blowout locks are undeniably gorgeous, the totally opposite end of the hair spectrum can be completely chic as well. Think that your bedhead is nothing but an eyesore? Think again. Messy, second-day tresses have been trending for seasons on end now, but getting that perfectly undone, grease-free hair isn’t as easy as *just* waking up with what your mama gave you. These eight products will give you that coveted no-product messy ‘do without too much fuss. A spritz for volume here, a scrunch for a mattified effect there and lazy girl locks will be yours.
1. AG Hair Volume High & Dry Matte Volume & Finish ($24): Use a dry finishing spray like this one to get fuller-looking hair that retains texture and matte finish. Bonus: It’s paraben- and gluten-free.
2. Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion ($24): This hair thickener uses kaolin clay and acacia gum to increase the diameter of your strands for big volume and rough texture while mattifying any greasiness or shine.
3. Phyto Matte Texturizing Paste ($24): This hair paste is ideal for that morning-after messy-haired look without adding any unnecessary shine but adding a lot of texture and depth.
4. Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1 ($13): This cruelty-free product is an all-in-one texturizer, volumizer AND dry shampoo, so you’ll give major body to your hair while getting that cool slept-in look. If your hair is color treated, fear not! It’s safe for your ‘do too.
5. R+Co Rockaway Salt Spray ($25): A thick, disheveled matte mane is moments away with this salt spray. Amp up that beachy hair game, girl.
6. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo ($22): For perfect matte locks with mega body, flip your head upside down and comb a dry shampoo through from root to tip.
7. Bumble and bumble. Thickening Dryspun Finish ($30): This dry spray is totally translucent and will give you textured and full hair that looks effortlessly volumized and soft.
8. Pré de Provence Savon De Marseille Olive Oil Soap Cube ($9): During your shower, wash your hair first with your regular shampoo, then suds up your hands with a natural olive oil soap and work it through mid-strand to the ends for a matte finish. Air dry for best results.
Got some hair tips you swear by? Tweet us your hairstyle secrets @BritandCo!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.