8 Products That Will Give You Perfect Slept-In Hair — in a Good Way
While glossy, shiny-from-a-blowout locks are undeniably gorgeous, the totally opposite end of the hair spectrum can be completely chic as well. Think that your bedhead is nothing but an eyesore? Think again. Messy, second-day tresses have been trending for seasons on end now, but getting that perfectly undone, grease-free hair isn’t as easy as *just* waking up with what your mama gave you. These eight products will give you that coveted no-product messy ‘do without too much fuss. A spritz for volume here, a scrunch for a mattified effect there and lazy girl locks will be yours.
1. AG Hair Volume High & Dry Matte Volume & Finish ($24): Use a dry finishing spray like this one to get fuller-looking hair that retains texture and matte finish. Bonus: It’s paraben- and gluten-free.
2. Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion ($24): This hair thickener uses kaolin clay and acacia gum to increase the diameter of your strands for big volume and rough texture while mattifying any greasiness or shine.
3. Phyto Matte Texturizing Paste ($24): This hair paste is ideal for that morning-after messy-haired look without adding any unnecessary shine but adding a lot of texture and depth.
4. Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1 ($13): This cruelty-free product is an all-in-one texturizer, volumizer AND dry shampoo, so you’ll give major body to your hair while getting that cool slept-in look. If your hair is color treated, fear not! It’s safe for your ‘do too.
5. R+Co Rockaway Salt Spray ($25): A thick, disheveled matte mane is moments away with this salt spray. Amp up that beachy hair game, girl.
6. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo ($22): For perfect matte locks with mega body, flip your head upside down and comb a dry shampoo through from root to tip.
7. Bumble and bumble. Thickening Dryspun Finish ($30): This dry spray is totally translucent and will give you textured and full hair that looks effortlessly volumized and soft.
8. Pré de Provence Savon De Marseille Olive Oil Soap Cube ($9): During your shower, wash your hair first with your regular shampoo, then suds up your hands with a natural olive oil soap and work it through mid-strand to the ends for a matte finish. Air dry for best results.