10 Ways to Rock Metallic Makeup This Fall
Metallics look good in the closet and adorable on the coffee table. And this fall, we’re incorporating metallics into our beauty routines, as well. We’ve found 10 products to help you pull it off. Whether you want to go all out with a metal-inspired smokey eye or keep it low key with the subtle sheen of a berry lip, there’s more than one way to go metallic.
1. Easy-going Gold Liner: Pump your cat eye up a notch with a little gold action. Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Liner ($23) is not only waterproof, but comes with a perfectly precise applicator so you can avoid going overboard. (via Daily Makeover)
2. Blue and Gold Bold Eye: If, however, you do want to go bold, add a little blue for an unexpected twist to a gold metallic eye. Stila’s Magnificent Metals Foil Finish eye shadow ($32) packs a shiny punch, while butter London’s cornflower blue pencil ($18) adds a smokey touch. (via Keiko Lynn)
3. Everyday Metallic Eye: Make your everyday eye makeup metallic with a touch of shimmer and a little smokiness. Urban Decay’s dark metallic eyeshadow ($18) has the perfect balance of both, whether you choose to go light for the daytime or layer it up for a night look. (via Amy Nicole Photography)
4. Metallic Smokey Eye: Go one step beyond smokey into smoldering with this dramatic eye. Illamasqua’s liquid metal eye palette ($54) offers all the metallic goodness you need to create this electrifying look. (via Rock My Wedding)
5. Dramatic Bronze Eye: Gold? Been there. Silver? Done that. Keep your metallic eye looking fresh with shades of bronze and copper. And it doesn’t have to break the bank, with a little help from Revlon’s Illuminance cream shadows ($7). (via Vogue)
6. Metallic-ize Your Lips: Metallics don’t have to be confined to just your eyes. A metallic lip is an unexpected way to make this look your own. Layer Make Up For Ever’s Rouge Artist Intense ($20) in pearly gold with your favorite red or pink lipstick for a personalized metallic lip. (via Hala Ajam)
7. Perfect Berry Lip: With the right sheen, any color can pop like a metal, and this berry lip seems to pop right off the screen. A mix of Bobbi Brown’s Hollywood Red lipstick ($26) and Illamasqua’s Growl lipstick ($30) is all you need to pull off this beautifully complex shade. (via Rock My Wedding)
8. One-Step Metallic Lip: Most of the time, it takes the perfect combination of shades to come up with a gorgeous metallic look. But with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetic’s Lip Tar ($18), a single application is all that’s required. The Black Dahlia color has flakes of red pearl in it to make it shine. (via Beauty is Color Team)
9. Gold Triangle Manicure: Even if bold makeup isn’t your thing, a metallic manicure is an easy way to incorporate metallics into your everyday style. The layering of Sally Hansen’s Golden Rule ($8) over Essie’s Good as Gold ($9) makes this manicure extra memorable. (via Creature Comforts)
10. Gold Sharpie Nail Art: And for us lazy girls, a gold Sharpie ($2) is all you need to make your nails pop. You don’t even have to be good at drawing. Just make sure you seal your manicure with a clear topcoat. (via One Thousand Looks)
How are you going metallic this fall? Let us know in the comments below!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.