Your Guests Won’t Believe Their Eyes When They Gaze Upon This Chocolate Avocado Dessert Recipe
Basic or not — we can all agree that we love avocados. Their creamy goodness tastes amazing on toast, ground up in guacamole, and topped on fish tacos. But today we’re taking avocados into a different realm (where they normally don’t spend that much time) — dessert! Our friends over at The Bold Print Shop introduced us to their silicon Avocado Dish ($65), which can be used with various materials to make an amazing replica of an avocado shell. For this foodie project, we poured chocolate into the mold and then filled the inside with mint chocolate chip avocado ice cream. Follow along below to make these chocolate masterpieces for you and all of your avocado lovers.
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- a big handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag melting chocolate
Add all the ingredients (except the chocolate) into the blender.
- Place coconut milk, avocados, syrup, mint, and mint extract into a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and pour into a casserole dish. Place in freezer over night.
- Melt one bag of melting chocolate in the microwave. Pour into avocado mold and set in the freezer for two hours.
- Take the avocado out of the mold and add a scoop of ice cream.
Puree until you get a smooth, creamy green color.
Stir in a whole bag of mini chocolate chips and pour into a casserole dish. Place in freezer overnight.
Scoop it out and serve to all your avocado-loving friends.
This avocado ice cream isn’t your normal sugar and creamy goodness — we won’t judge if you opt for that chocolate minty Breyer’s goodness.
Whichever ice cream you choose — load it up with chocolate fudge.
And then smash it — hehehe.
Show us your latest recipe by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!