If you’re a fan of cubism, surrealism, or any other isms, you’ll dig the latest tattoo trend. Unlike tiny tatts that have been making the rounds in recent years, modern art-inspired tattoos are large and in charge, AKA they’re meant to be seen. Here are a few MoMA-worthy looks we’re currently crushing on.
1. Colorific Picasso: This bright work of art is a replica of the painting, Le Reve, which translates to “the dream.” And it really would look oh.so.dreamy on your arm. Just expect lots of questions about what it all means.
2. Get in Line: A beautiful linear pattern makes for a genius tattoo. You can mix and match per your taste or easily create your own.
3. Bring the Drama: Keep them guessing with this abstract design that plays on works by Matisse. Is it a face? Is it two faces? We’re still figuring it out!
4. How Very Meta: It doesn’t get much more mod than a graphic tatt inside of geometrical shapes.
5. Bright Idea: Simple silos and mysterious figures are an instant upgrade to minimalist ink. You could easily shrink this to a smaller design if you prefer your ink hidden.
6. Contemporary and Colorful: Add color-blocked details to your design for an artful take on the traditional tattoo.
7. Lion Cub(e): When a few of your favorite things (AKA furry animals) are half done up in deconstructed hues, they look oh.so.awesome.
What are your thoughts on the mod art tattoo trend? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Instagram)