24 Modern Cheap Halloween Decorations Under $50
With only weeks left until everyone’s favorite haunted holiday, the demand for cheap and chic Halloween decor has never been greater. Say you don’t want to spend tons of money but don’t have the time for DIY Halloween decorations. No problem — just check out these modern Halloween decorations that are $50 and under. They’re bright, bold, colorful and contemporary — and *scary* affordable.
1. World Market Mercury Glass Skull Bottles ($20, set of four): These colorful skull-shaped bottles will certainly spook up your Halloween decor. Though their mercury glass finish gives them an aged look, the bottles’ bright colors offer up a modern touch.
2. World Market Ivory Los Muertos Skull Candles ($20, set of two): Brighten up Halloween’s traditionally monochrome palette with these vibrant Day of the Dead-inspired skull candles. The festive floral designs will add a macabre kind of whimsy to your decorations, especially when you light the wicks.
3. Target Halloween Zombie Lit Brain Decor ($12): For those who love zombies, decorate your home with a bright and bold light-up brain. Place it on your windowsill to draw trick-or-treaters in, then spook ’em out.
4. Pottery Barn Kids Pumpkin With Stars Luminaries ($29+): You won’t have to deal with pumpkin guts thanks to these no-carve displays. Handcrafted from paper mache, these decorative gourds feature charming star cutouts that’ll look *magical* with a battery-operated candle placed inside.
5. Crate & Barrel Halloween Pumpkins Felt Table Runner ($17): Set the tone for a fun seasonal dinner party with this table runner inspired by jack-o’-lanterns. Complete the look of your festive tablescape with Ceramic Pumpkin Bowls ($9).
6. LTD Commodities Halloween Mason Jar String Light Sets ($9): Deck out your front porch in these colorful mason jar string lights to up your decor game. They even come with a built-in timer so you won’t have to worry about turning them off come morning.
7. Luna Bazaar Bats and Cats Paper Lantern String Lights ($20): Illuminate your Halloween party with these festive paper lanterns featuring spooky bats and cats. They’ll lend a seasonally appropriate ambiance to your festivities whether you string them up indoors or out.
8. Target Halloween “Boo” Marquee Sign ($25): Bring vintage theater lights to your Halloween movie marathon with this “Boo” marquee sign. Its classic black and orange colors will fit in with whatever decorations you already have up.
9. Pottery Barn Kids Tulle Flying Ghost ($24): Go all out with your decorations without spending a fortune by adding a hanging ghost to your front porch. It’ll give your home an eerie accent with minimum effort.
10. Pottery Barn Orange Mercury Pumpkin ($25): Perfect for Halloween as well as throughout fall, these metallic mercury pumpkins are must-haves for sprucing up your decor. Fill them with LED string lights for a warm, cozy glow.
11. Walmart Skeleton Hands ($8, set of six): Scatter these skeleton hands throughout your house for a quick and easy creep factor. You can even place a sweet treat on the palm area and dare your friends to grab it.
12. Party City Pumpkin Fluffy Decorations ($8): These paper decorations prove pumpkins aren’t just for the porch. Hang these from the ceiling to instantly jazz up your space.
13. Party City Happy Halloween Letter Banner ($4): Alternating orange and black foil letters come together to complete your fright night’s decor. Pair with similar-colored balloons to complete the look for your Halloween party.
14. LTD Commodities Halloween Silhouettes ($10+): The spooky look of these silhouettes will prime your yard for a witches’ gathering come Halloween. Simply switch the lantern light on when dusk falls and watch the shadows play.
15. Simons Maison Felt Halloween Garland ($4): This themed felt garland featuring a spider web and skull pattern is what’s missing from your fireplace display. Scatter a few golden candies like those pictured above to finish off this sweet-yet-scary look.
16. Pottery Barn Kids Halloween Glitter Treat Bucket – Cauldron Family ($19+): Use this glittering cauldron to serve whatever disturbing hors d’oeuvres you cook up. It can even double as an on-theme treat basket.
17. Retro Planet Ouija Board Fortune Telling Halloween Sign ($16): This Halloween sign inspired by the vintage board game is no joke. Hang it on the wall or prop it up next to other spooky decorations — either way, you’ll definitely freak out passersby.
18. Pier 1 Imports Black & Silver LED Taper Candle Set ($15, set of two): Set the mood for a sophisticated yet spooky scene with these black and silver LED taper candles. This candle pair will provide your home with eerie accent lighting thanks to their flameless glow.
19. Pottery Barn Beaded Spiders ($11+): Who knew spiders could look so fancy? Decorate your tablescape with these handcrafted glittery glass spiders that’ll simultaneously dazzle and creep out your guests.
20. Crate & Barrel Boo Halloween Luminary ($15): Though it’s shaped like a humble paper bag, there’s no denying this iron luminary’s sleek aesthetic. Its minimalist block letter cutouts ensure your decor stays refined, and its rugged build make it suited for indoor or outdoor display.
21. Simons Maison Spider Web Felt Basket ($5): This soft felt basket featuring a spiderweb-inspired cutout design is the perfect way to serve whatever creepy snacks you have in store for your dinner guests. This one can also double as a candy container for trick-or-treaters.
22. Target Halloween 3D Wall Art ($4): Make your decorations really *pop* with these 3D bats. This wall art will look awesome on your front door or in your entryway, and they’re as easy to apply as they are to remove thanks to self-adhesive tape.
23. Walmart Black Skull Vase With Bloody Roses ($30): Watch as the blood-splattered roses wilt when this sound-activated skull plays its funeral dirge. With the end of its somber music, the roses stand back up to do it all over again.
24. Pottery Barn “Beware” Bat Banner ($30): Made of jute rope and burlap, this banner of bats spells out an ominous warning for trick-or-treaters. Dress up your front porch by hanging the sign between two posts or across your doorway.
What are your spookiest decor ideas? Be sure to check us out on Pinterest for more decor tips and ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.