Summertime is all about the cocktails. And with their vibrant flavors and use of fresh herbs and produce, summery drinks are also delicious when transformed into foods you can actually eat. With its base flavor profile of mint, lime, and sugar, nothing adds flavor to your meals quite like a mojito. Mix up your usual menu with these 15 zesty mojito-inspired recipes, and they’ll keep you refreshed from breakfast until dessert.
4. No-churn Mojito Ice Cream: You don’t need a special machine to make your own ice cream. This no-churn recipe gets nice and creamy with a little stirring (and is spiked with a little rum for extra fun). (via Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen)
6. Mojito Shrimp With Coconut Rice: Coconut rice provides a mellow, nutty backdrop for this flavorful recipe. Mojito-marinated shrimp is paired with orange slices and cucumber to make for a fresh-tasting, healthy meal. (via Reclaiming Yesterday)
9. Blueberry Mojito Cupcakes: Sweet cupcakes can be a little cloying, but not in this recipe. It has lime juice and mint to help offset the sugary flavor, for a perfectly balanced treat. (via Goodie Godmother)
11. Mojito Lamingtons: Australian lamington cakes get a zing from lime zest in the batter, then are dunked in white chocolate, mint, coconut, and more lime zest for a really remarkable snack. (via Sugar Salt Magic)
12. Berry Mojito Smoothie: Indulging in your favorite cocktail doesn’t have to be an evening activity. Get your mojito fix in the morning with a healthy smoothie that skips the booze, but not the flavor. (via Better With Cake)
14. Pineapple Mojito Green Drink: This creamy, refreshing beverage is halfway between juice and a smoothie. Serve it over crushed ice and you’ll be sipping a booze-free drink that’s just as refreshing as a classic mojito. (via Delish Knowledge)
15. Mojito Cake: This semi-homemade dessert uses boxed cake mix, so churning out a professional-looking treat is easier than ever. Serve it topped with lots of fluffy, rum-spiked cream cheese frosting. (via Bird’s Party)
Get more creative recipe inspiration by following us on Pinterest.