22 Must-Try Mojito Recipes for Summer
While margaritas are a must on Cinco de Mayo and bubbly is a New Year’s Eve necessity, nothing says summer quite like a refreshing mojito. Whether you’re sipping your drink poolside, seaside or even couch-side, there’s something about that minty lime flavor that cools you off after a long day at the office. We’ve already shared some of our favorite mojito recipes (pumpkin! very berry! strawberry!), but now we’re shaking things up with 22 must-try takes on the classic cocktail that are guaranteed to add a little Caribbean flair to any summer soiree. Serve one (or five) at your next BBQ bash for an ice cold treat that will have everyone daydreaming about tropical breezes and steel drum bands.
2. Cranberry Mojito: Whether you’re summer-sipping on the 4th of July or jingle-belling around the Christmas tree in December, a cranberry mojito adds a fun and festive touch. (via Santa Barbara Chic)
5. Basil Cucumber Mojito: We love infusing our water with basil and cucumber (mainly because it makes us feel like we’re at a spa), so why not take this refreshing tip and apply it to an adult beverage? Whip out this recipe whenever you need a light, invigorating pick-me-up. (via Satori Design for Living)
6. Skinny Mint Mojito: We all love a good mojito, but not the extra calories that come along with it. Enjoy your favorite summer sip (while still fitting into your bikini!) with this 72-cal spin on the traditional recipe. (via LaurendaMarie)
9. Sweet Tea Mojito: Everyone’s favorite Southern sip just got the ultimate Caribbean makeover! Mix up your mojito by adding crushed sweet tea ice cubes. (via Becca Bakes)
15. Frosty Coconut Mojito: Can’t swing a tropical vacay this year? No sweat! Bring the best of the tropics to your home by shaking up a coconut-infused mojito that’s perfect anytime, anywhere. (via How Sweet It Is)
22. Lemongrass Mojito: Lemongrass isn’t just for soups and stir-fries. Serve this lemongrass mojito at your next dinner party along with Pad Thai and Drunken Noodles for a pairing that’s as unique as it is delicious. (via Season with Spice)
Which of these must-try mojitos are you ready to shake up this summer? Tell us below!