23 Creative Christmas Tree Decorations That Are #HolidayGoals
It’s that magical time of year again, when days abruptly shorten and just as quickly are filled with all things merry — ice skating, mistletoe jello shots, ugly sweater parties and plenty of holiday rom-com reruns. But our fave part of snuggle season is the creative decor that decks halls everywhere, and we love it even more when we can GTL ourselves. We’re talking holiday errrrrthing — delish dishes, dynamite decor, gifts for the whole fam bam and, most importantly — Christmas tree and ornament inspo! Scroll on for 23 super creative Christmas tree decorations that are #HolidayGoals.
1. DIY Holiday Ornaments: Spice up simple ornaments with gold metallic pens and fun DIY lettering. Buh-bye, boring tree baubles! There’s absolutely no better way to personalize your tree. (via Brit + Co)
3. For Evergreen: Skip the trip to the Christmas tree farm and instead buy a tabletop fir at your local nursery. Now you can celebrate the holidays year-round! (via The Bottom of the Ironing Basket)
4. Modern Christmas Tree Advent Calendar: The countdown to Christmas won’t feel quite as long with this handy advent calendar tree, complete with twenty-five printable activity ideas. Christmas movie and popcorn night anyone?? (via Thirty Eighth Steet)
8. DIY Wooden Tabletop Christmas Tree: Whether you have an evergreen in your living room or not, this wooden tabletop makes a gorg addition to any mantel or desk. Add classic red ornaments for a festive color pop. (via Design Fixation)
10. Spruce It Up: There’s no greenery needed in this boho shrine-like take on the traditional tree. Add candles, animal horns and string lights to achieve the full effect. (via Alboe.NL)
11. A Greater Repurpose: Take that ladder that’s been kicking around and DIY it to greatness. White paint, string lights, candles, streamers — you decide. (via Shelterness)
12. Tree in a Bottle: Whether you choose fir or pine, all it takes is a few cuttings to completely spruce up your holiday decor. See what we did there? (via MyDomaine)
13. DIY Lazy Susan Christmas Tree: Don’t feel like getting a tree this year? Afraid you might kill it before Christmas rolls around? Whichever way you spin it, this lazy Susan tree is minimalist perfection *and* low maintenance to boot. (via Damask Love)
14. DIY Pinecone Terrarium: Why not add a little more life to your tree with these mini terrariums? Feel free to play around with ribbon colors and trinket additions to match your other holiday decor. (via Brit + Co)
15. Tubular Tree: We love this vibrant and unique wall tree because it requires scavenging and creativity. Use various sizes of repurposed plastic tubing and found objects from around the house to complete this look. No two trees will ever look quite the same. (via Martha Stewart)
16. Scarlet Ombre: This prelit tree is legit #holidaygoals — we love the transition from red to pink and everything in between. With something this show stopping, it’s easy to go minimal on the ornaments and stick with just a few string lights. (via Hayneedle)
17. Light the Way: Spruce up your bedroom with this ladder-style tree decor. Taper ornaments to achieve the tree look and then add lights to illuminate and frame the piece. (via IKEA)
18. DIY Wooden Dowel Christmas Tree: Unleash your inner woodworker with this dowel tree that can be easily stored from year to year. Decorate with traditional ornaments for a beautiful contrast of minimal and traditional style. (via Vintage Revivals)
21. Christmas Tree Market Narrow Silver Tinsel Christmas Tree ($129): This ’60s generation-inspired tinsel tree will catch the light and shine around the clock. Green is nice but metallic is so *in* right now.
22. DIY Washi Tape Christmas Tree: This is the perfect wall tree for a home office. All you need to DIY this is striped washi tape, black string and small plastic or glass disco ball ornaments. (via HomeyOhMy)
Need more holiday decor inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest for ideas galore.