Sure, you can purchase your holiday wrapping paper, but with your crafty prowess and trusty wrapping paper station, we know you’re totally up for a DIY challenge. After all, you’re already a pro at making your own floral wrapping paper, so why not try your hand at some candy cane, roller-stamped Christmas tree and book-inspired wrapping paper too? These 18 DIY holiday gift wraps will have your giftees oohing and ahhing at your presents before they even open them.
1. Inspirational Wrapping Paper: Just grab a sharpie and gold marker and scrawl inspirational words across basic white and brown paper. Jazz things up with metallic bows or sprigs of spruce for gift toppers. (via Walk in Love)
3. Hand-Stamped Gift Wrap: If you’re looking for wrapping paper that will last long after the Christmas tree and Hanukkah candles have been put away, all you need are a few modern stamp designs. (via Cotton & Flax)
4. Foam Sheet Tree-Stamped Paper: Cut tree stamps out of foam sheets to create this understated holiday tree motif. Add some extra detailing with a few acrylic paint drops to give your trees some bright holiday lights. (via Eat Sleep Cuddle)
11. Sticks Design Paper: They’ll never believe that you used twine and a simple wooden block to create this modern design. Add some blingy gift wrap and a festive pinecone, and you’ve got a present they’ll be ogling for days. (via House of Earnest)
16. Candy Cane Wrapping Paper: Ditch the traditional red and white candy cane design and go for a modern combo like turquoise and orange to make your gift stand out under the tree. (via The House That Lars Built)
17. “Shake It” Confetti Wrap: We’ll definitely be shaking things up this holiday season with this cellophane wrap job. This version includes bits of colored and metallic paper, but we might add a few mini snowflakes for good measure. (via MinieCo)
18. Monogram and Washi Tape Toppers: Grab your double-stick tape and fave shades of glitter to make these simple monograph toppers. If you’re looking for a topper with a little less bling, we’ve got a washi tape topper for you too. (via Brit + Co)
What’s your favorite DIY holiday wrapping paper? Tell us in the comments!