When it comes to makeup, we’re not afraid to rock crazy new trends. From rainbow freckles to lipstick as eyeliner, we’re always on a quest to find exciting beauty looks that really make a statement. But while prism rainbow highlighters are cool and all, there’s one makeup trend that’s still pretty dramatic but is more wearable than, say, glitter roots. For the past few months, beauty pros everywhere have been rocking monochromatic makeup looks — one uniform color on the lids, lips and cheeks. Want to see what all the hype is about? Scroll on to see how these Instababes have been wearing the monochromatic makeup trend.
1. Summertime Shimmer: Looking for a glam daytime look for that garden wedding you’re attending? Copy this beauty blogger’s accessible take on the trend with a pinky-brown shade that’s matte on the lips and shimmery on the lids.
2. Alien Encounter: Embrace your dark side with this almost villainous style. The harmonious colors add just the right gothic-chic vibes you’re after for your next concert with your crew.
3. Sunset Bliss: Bring the sun with you wherever you go by sporting this happy-hued beauty combo. Whether you’re having brunch with the girls or going on vacay with your boo, this makeup look is sure to bring a little spice to your day.
4. Mauve Madness: Va-va-voom! Now this is a look everyone can get behind. Complement bombshell curls with a dramatic lip and matching smokey eye.
5. Gothic Goddess: Forget the traditional summer makeup palette and copy this wicked beauty combo. Rock a deep purple on your lips and nails and add a throwback choker necklace for some major ’90s grunge vibes.
6. Au Naturale: Keep your makeup subtle by wearing a shade similar to your skin tone. Add a bit of highlighter and some killer mascara and you’re date-night ready.
7. Cotton Candy: If your style motto is all pink everything, you’re going to want to copy this beauty look STAT. Go all out with rose-colored locks, or keep it low commitment with a swipe of your favorite color on your lips and lids.
8. Peachy Keen: Try a fresh take on that covetable summer glow with a peachy color on your peepers and your pucker. Who needs a tan when your makeup looks this good?
9. Fresh Faced: Love the monochromatic look, but want a more low-key color? Nude shades work just as well with the trend. It’ll give you a flawless finish without looking over the top.
10. Crimson Beauty: Take your monochromatic game to the next level by doubling up on a brick-red hue. Pair with an all-black ensemble to really let your products pop.
How do you wear the monochromatic trend? Follow us on Pinterest for more makeup inspo.