Morning Buzz! Drake & Josh Star Josh Peck Is Married + More
A Nickelodeon alum ties the knot and Prince William comforts victims of the London fire in this morning’s top news tidbits. Check out those and more below in the Morning Buzz.
1. Josh Peck married his longtime girlfriend Paige O’Brien. The pair got engaged last year, and made it official over the weekend in Malibu. As seen in Instagram photos posted by guests, O’Brien looked elegant and stunning in a strapless off-white gown with embroidered floral detailing. Naturally, Peck’s former Grandfathered costar John Stamos attended, but Peck’s Drake & Josh costar Drake Bell did not. According to E!, Bell seemed upset over his lack of an invite, saying in some now-deleted tweets, “When you’re not invited to the wedding the message is clear….” Ouch. All our best to the newlyweds!
2. Kris Jenner left Caitlyn Jenner out of a Father’s Day tribute and people are calling major shade.Last year on Father’s Day, Kris Jenner made a touching Instagram post shouting out the late Robert Kardashian and the fathers of her daughters’ children, Kanye West and Scott Disick, as well as Caitlyn, with whom she had Kendall and Kylie Jenner. This year, amid much family stress caused by Caitlyn’s memoir, Kris left out Caitlyn, and the comments came fast and furious. Caitlyn spent the day with Kylie and Kendall.
3. Prince William brings back memories of his mother Princess Diana as he breaks royal protocol to comfort families affected by the deadly London apartment fire. Queen Elizabeth II, Prince William, and Prince Harry visited survivors of the tragic Grenfell Tower fire in London, and Prince William momentarily broke the royal protocol of handshakes to comfort a distressed woman whose husband remains missing. The photo calls to mind his mother Princess Diana, who was often referred to as “the people’s princess.” William, along with Duchess Kate and Prince Harry, have donated to a fund to help those left homeless by the fire. (h/t People)
4. Miley Cyrus and Dolce and Gabbana are beefing on Instagram. Cyrus has already shown her support of her burgeoning singer sis Noah, and now she’s giving props to her brother Braison’s big break on Dolce and Gabbana’s Spring 2018 Milan Fashion Week runway — but with a little dig at the designers. “Congrats @braisonccyrus on walking in your 1st runway show,” she wrote, saying she was proud to see him stepping out of his musical comfort zone to try something new. “I am so proud of you always…. From Nashville to Italy!” she continued, before then adding, “PS D&G, I STRONGLY disagree with your politics…. but I do support your company’s effort to celebrate young artists & give them the platform to shine their light for all to see!” Stefano Gabbana posted a response on his own account, saying they don’t care about politics, and in a comment on Miley’s post, said, “For your stupid comment never more work with him,” seemingly costing Braison future work with the company. Yikes. (h/t The Cut)
5. The first Pitch Perfect 3 teaser is here! The film isn’t slated to come out until December, but the first teaser gives us a behind-the-scenes look at what’s coming. In it, we see the Bellas doing stunts and claiming to be action stars — but no music just yet. Check out the teaser above.
6. Quote of the day: “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” Karen Lamb’s quote gives us all the #MondayMotivation we need to stop putting things off and just get them done.
What’s your #MondayMotivation this morning? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Jason Kempin/Getty)