Morning Buzz! Former Dancing With the Stars Partners Kym Johnson and Robert Herjavec Are Married + More
Make your way through a Monday morning with a stunning wedding, some Harry Potter feels, and more of today’s top news stories below.
1. It’s more than just a perfect dancing pair! Former DWTS partners, Shark Tank‘s Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson, started the next phase of their love story together as they wed this Sunday in Los Angeles. Kym looked radiant in her strapless Monique Lhuillier gown, and Peoplereports that fellow DWTS-ers Carrie Ann Inaba, Joey Fatone, Lance Bass and Donny Osmond were also in attendance. Congrats to the happy couple!
2. Jessica Alba’s emotional tribute to gun violence at the Teen Choice Awards will bring you to tears. While the Teen Choice Awards are primarily a celebration of all things fun and entertaining, last night’s awards took a heavy — and important — turn, as Jessica Alba and Ne-Yo were joined by the families of victims of gun violence for a powerful statement. “They are the brothers, sisters, daughters and family members of recent victims of gun violence,” Jessica said. With her stood the families of victims of Sandy Hook, San Bernardino, Orlando and more recent shooting tragedies, including Alton Sterling’s son, Cameron Sterling. “Tonight we stand together with these teens united in a call for peace and an end to this violence,” Alba said, crying. “Now more than ever we need to stop, feel and ask: What’s going on?” She then urged viewers to share humanizing photos of the families and share them using the hashtag #stoptheviolence.
3. Daisy Ridley revealed a bold new bob at the Teen Choice Awards. Brunette no more! Star Wars star Daisy Ridley brought a bright new red look to the red carpet last night, showing off her inches-shorter new length and face-framing bangs on the red carpet and on stage as she accepted her Breakout Star surfboard award. (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
— sammie dunlay (@sammiedunlay) August 1, 2016
4. People are already finishing the final Harry Potter book and things are getting emotional AF.Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was only released at midnight on July 31, but you had to know people (maybe YOU?!) were going to devour it in one sitting. That’s exactly what happened, and as a quick search on Twitter will show, people are not ready to deal, calling for more wine to ease the hurt of dying inside. Plus, with the revelation from J.K. Rowling that Harry Potter is truly over, we feel you, y’all.
5. The Olympic men’s basketball team SLAYED this Vanessa Carlton cover. YOU GO, GUYS.
6. Quote of the day: “Go out, do the impossible and just go on and become the greatest generation yet.” Justin Timberlake as he accepted his Decade Award at the Teen Choice Awards for all of his numerous achievements.
Did you find a little #MondayMotivation in Justin Timberlake’s speech? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Nicholas Hunt/Getty)