We’ve got your first look at Kendall Jenner’s new Pepsi ad and Mama June’s dramatic body transformation in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below.
1. Kendall Jenner joins a long list of pop culture icons such as Beyoncé, Janelle Monáe, and Britney Spears as Pepsi’s latest spokesmodel, but she happens to be the first model to do it since Cindy Crawford. The first commercial, which is more of a short film soundtracked by Skip Marley and can be seen above (update: The ad has since been pulled), depicts Jenner ditching her blonde wig and makeup to storm off of a photoshoot and instead join a protest. “To me, Pepsi is more than just a beverage — it registers as a pop culture icon and a lifestyle that shares a voice with the generation of today,” Jenner said in a statement to E!. “The spirit of Pepsi — living in the ‘now’ moment — is one that I believe in. I make a conscious effort in my everyday life and travels to enjoy every experience of today.”
2. Meanwhile, the younger Jenner sister is causing even more confusion around her reported break with Tyga. Despite Jenner and Tyga’s current off-again status, she was lip syncing along to the rapper’s new songs on Snapchat. Love is so confusing.
3. Whoa: Mama June has finally revealed her final dramatic weight loss. This is a total transformation. The Here Comes Honey Boo Boo mom has been documenting her weight loss process, including gastric surgery, diet, exercise, and having a combined total of nine pounds of skin removed, on her new show Mama June: From Not to Hot, and she’s finally revealed her shockingly slimmed-down figure after weeks out of the spotlight. “I can promise you I’m never going back to that size,” she says in an interview with People. “I’m happy where I’m at.”
4. It’s the end of an era as Jenna Lyons departs J.Crew. After more than two decades at the helm, Lyons will be departing the company she sleeve-cuffed and half-tucked into our lives and our hearts. While there are no details on what Lyons will do next, J.Crew already has her replacement covered — the company’s Somsack Sikhounmuong will take over Lyons’ duties. (h/t Business of Fashion; photo via Robin Marchant/Getty)
5. ’90s kids will LOVE this new theory claiming that Melania Trump is the nanny from Muppet Babies. Yep, you read that right — Trump’s official First Lady portrait doesn’t only feature her stunning 25-carat diamond, but features a background that looks a little familiar. If you grew up watching the Muppet Babies cartoon, you’ll recognize that webbed window ANYWHERE. And now you will never unsee it. You’re welcome.
6. Quote of the day: “It is never overreacting to ask for what you want and need.” Amy Poehler brings the wisdom on National Equal Pay Day, a symbolic day to raise awareness about the gender wage gap.
Do you struggle to ask for what you need in the workplace? Tweet your experiences to us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)