Morning Buzz! Kim Kardashian Disappears from Social Media Again But Plans Her First Appearance Since Robbery + More
Kim pulls a disappearing act and Pretty Little Liars says goodbye in today’s top news items. Check those and more out below.
1. Well, that didn’t last long. Yesterday we took the posts on Kim Kardashian’s official Facebook page as a sign of her return to social media after her Paris attack, but not long after, they were deleted and gone again. According to Kim’s website, though, her first public appearance has been scheduled for January 13 in Dubai, where she’s scheduled to join her makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic for a Masterclass tutorial. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
2. Jimmy Kimmel’s Halloween prank where he gets parents to tell kids he ate all their candy and film it has become a favorite Halloween tradition, and this year is no exception. Except THIS year, he also pulled the prank on his own two-year-old daughter, Jane. “Remember all the candy we got? Well, Daddy ate all of it,” he says to her. “No! You didn’t,” she replied, and continued to shut him down. Can’t fool her!
3. Get ready to cry at Shay Mitchell’s emotional PLL goodbye video. The PLL squad has been wrapping up the final days of filming on the series, and Shay, who plays Emily, has contributed a “Farewell Letter” video on her YouTube page to commemorate the final wrap of shooting. “Sad, anxious, excited, terrified, inspired, gratified, nervous, unsure, proud, upset, accomplished, relieved, devastated, lucky,” she says, trying to sum up her feelings while sobbing. “I don’t know what my life would’ve looked like without Pretty Little Liars… I can’t believe it’s over.” GET US SOME KLEENEX, STAT.
View this post on Instagram
WEN® Tea Tree formula helps treat your hair and scalp issues. This unique blend stimulates the scalp and follicles, promotes healthy hair growth and helps relieve itchiness and flakiness while reducing scalp sensitivity and dryness: http://chazdean.com/formulas/default.aspx#37-products #WENbyChazDean #teatree #haircare
A post shared by WEN® by Chaz Dean (@wenbychazdean) on
4. A huge lawsuit against Wen hair products is going ahead. A $26 million dollar class action suit against the infomercial-famous products from women claiming the products are causing baldness has been approved to go forward, according to The Cut. If a US District Court judge approves it now, six million people could get settlements ranging from $25 to $20,000. An attorney in the class action has said the products are like “using lotion to wash your hair.” Wen stands by the safety of its products and says because “the process of litigation is time consuming and costly, we made a business decision to pursue a settlement and put this behind us so that we can focus on delivering quality products.”
5. Ronda Rousey has announced she’ll be retiring soon. As Ronda preps to make her UFC return on December 30, she’s also prepping to wind down her fighting career, telling Ellen “I’m wrapping it up. This is definitely one of my last fights.” The amazing athlete has said she’s been training twice a day since the beginning of August and feels like she’s “in super ninja good mode.” We’ll miss you, Ronda!
6. Quote of the day: “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” Wise words to keep in mind on this #WisdomWednesday.
What pearls of wisdom are you keeping in mind today? Share with us over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.