Morning Buzz! Kim Kardashian Disappears from Social Media Again But Plans Her First Appearance Since Robbery + More
Kim pulls a disappearing act and Pretty Little Liars says goodbye in today’s top news items. Check those and more out below.
1. Well, that didn’t last long. Yesterday we took the posts on Kim Kardashian’s official Facebook page as a sign of her return to social media after her Paris attack, but not long after, they were deleted and gone again. According to Kim’s website, though, her first public appearance has been scheduled for January 13 in Dubai, where she’s scheduled to join her makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic for a Masterclass tutorial. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
2. Jimmy Kimmel’s Halloween prank where he gets parents to tell kids he ate all their candy and film it has become a favorite Halloween tradition, and this year is no exception. Except THIS year, he also pulled the prank on his own two-year-old daughter, Jane. “Remember all the candy we got? Well, Daddy ate all of it,” he says to her. “No! You didn’t,” she replied, and continued to shut him down. Can’t fool her!
3. Get ready to cry at Shay Mitchell’s emotional PLL goodbye video. The PLL squad has been wrapping up the final days of filming on the series, and Shay, who plays Emily, has contributed a “Farewell Letter” video on her YouTube page to commemorate the final wrap of shooting. “Sad, anxious, excited, terrified, inspired, gratified, nervous, unsure, proud, upset, accomplished, relieved, devastated, lucky,” she says, trying to sum up her feelings while sobbing. “I don’t know what my life would’ve looked like without Pretty Little Liars… I can’t believe it’s over.” GET US SOME KLEENEX, STAT.
View this post on Instagram
WEN® Tea Tree formula helps treat your hair and scalp issues. This unique blend stimulates the scalp and follicles, promotes healthy hair growth and helps relieve itchiness and flakiness while reducing scalp sensitivity and dryness: http://chazdean.com/formulas/default.aspx#37-products #WENbyChazDean #teatree #haircare
A post shared by WEN® by Chaz Dean (@wenbychazdean) on
4. A huge lawsuit against Wen hair products is going ahead. A $26 million dollar class action suit against the infomercial-famous products from women claiming the products are causing baldness has been approved to go forward, according to The Cut. If a US District Court judge approves it now, six million people could get settlements ranging from $25 to $20,000. An attorney in the class action has said the products are like “using lotion to wash your hair.” Wen stands by the safety of its products and says because “the process of litigation is time consuming and costly, we made a business decision to pursue a settlement and put this behind us so that we can focus on delivering quality products.”
5. Ronda Rousey has announced she’ll be retiring soon. As Ronda preps to make her UFC return on December 30, she’s also prepping to wind down her fighting career, telling Ellen “I’m wrapping it up. This is definitely one of my last fights.” The amazing athlete has said she’s been training twice a day since the beginning of August and feels like she’s “in super ninja good mode.” We’ll miss you, Ronda!
6. Quote of the day: “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” Wise words to keep in mind on this #WisdomWednesday.
What pearls of wisdom are you keeping in mind today? Share with us over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)