Morning Buzz! Mark Zuckerberg Celebrates His First Father’s Day With an Adorable Message to His Daughter + More
Back to the Monday grind! From more sweet Father’s Day sentiments to some good news about free concert tickets, here’s the news causing some serious buzz this morning.
1. Celebs shared tons of heartwarming Father’s Day tributes on Instagram yesterday, but Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s first kid isn’t quite old enough to be ‘Gramming just yet (though if anyone’s infant could use the internet, we bet it’d be his). Instead, Mark posted a photo of himself with 7-month-old daughter Maxima Chan Zuckerberg, captioning it, “Most rewarding job I’ve had. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!” And, no doubt, one of the hardest.
2. LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers won the NBA championship last night, ending a 52-year sports win drought for the city. For a game that was tied virtually the entire time, the 93-89 Game 7 win over the Golden State Warriors was a dramatic nail-biter, and a big win for LeBron, who was an emotional wreck. Which begs the most important question of all — when will Crying Jordan be replaced by Crying LeBron already?!
3. You might have free tickets from Ticketmaster waiting in your account. Thanks to a class action lawsuit filed in 2003, Ticketmaster is settling the score with the 50 million customers who bought tickets from Ticketmaster.com between October 21, 1999, and February 27, 2013. These customers, who overpaid for years, could get at least one (and up to 17) vouchers good for two free tickets to an event. They could also receive additional discount codes towards future tickets and even UPS fees. To see what you’ve got, log in to your Ticketmaster account, click on My Account, and then Active Vouchers. Woohoo! (via Billboard, photo by Ethan Miller/Getty)
Anton Yelchin was one of my best friends. Can't say anything that conveys what this feels like
— Kat Dennings (@OfficialKat) June 19, 2016
4. Celebrities react to the shocking death of actor Anton Yelchin. 27-year-old Anton Yelchin, best known for playing Chekov in the Star Trek films, died early Sunday morning in a freak accident when his own car pinned him against a gate at his home in Los Angeles. “All of us at Paramount join the world in mourning the untimely passing of Anton Yelchin,” a statement from Paramount Pictures read. “As a member of the Star Trek family, he was beloved by so many and he will be missed by all. We share our deepest condolences with his mother, father and family.” Numerous peers of Anton’s shared their shock and sadness at his passing. “This is unreal,” Anna Kendrick said. “Anton Yelchin is such a talent. Such a huge loss.” Director Guillermo del Toro said, “The sweetest, most humble, delightful, talented guy you’d ever meet. Worked together for about a year. Shocked.” Actress Kat Dennings had one of the most heartbreaking and brief messages of all. “Anton Yelchin was one of my best friends. Can’t say anything that conveys what this feels like.” Our thoughts are with Anton’s friends and family.
"Oh no! I&\u0026\u0026quot; #dramaqueen #masteractor
Posted by Kyoot Kids on Sunday, June 19, 2016
5. If this dramatic (and adorable) little girl pretending to fall off her bike doesn’t describe Monday perfectly, nothing does. Here’s to a great week!
6. Quote of the day: “To all the families and victims of the shootings recently, we love you, and we have not forgotten you.” Nick Jonas during last night’s iHeartRadio MMVAs acceptance speech.
How did you spend your last official weekend of spring? Let us know over @BritandCo!