Morning Buzz! Selena Gomez Debuts a Jaw-Dropping New Look + More
Happy hump day, everyone! From Selena Gomez’s shocking hair transformation to Hilary Swank’s sad announcement, here’s all the buzz you need to know to start your day right.
1. Selena Gomez has BANGS, y’all! It seems like EVERYONE — and we do mean everyone — is switching up their hair these days. From Xtina with her newly minted Jessica Rabbit red to Victoria Beckham with her brand new bob, there’s no shortage of celeb hair reveals as of late. Selena Gomez is the newest member on that list with the brand new bangs she debuted on stylist Marissa Marino’s Instagram. Simply titled “Bangin,” the singer’s locks are also noticeably lighter, but it’s the face fringe that has us absolutely captivated. Looking good, girl!
2: Hilary Swank and Ruben Torres call off their engagement. Annnd another one bites the dust. Despite getting engaged just three months ago with an Instagram announcement that has since been deleted, Hilary Swank and now ex-fiance Ruben Torres have officially called off their engagement. No reason has been given for the split, but judging from the sheer volume of recent couple breakups (*cough cough* Demi and Taylor), maybe it was inevitable? Bad things are said to happen in threes, after all! (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
Last night, the @yogahosers went to Prom! @harleyquinnnn_ & @lilyrose_depp had dates of course but (ever on guard for thee) they were there strictly to chew bubble gum and squish Bratzis! And from all reports, they were all out of bubble gum... #harleyquinnsmith #lilyrosedepp #yogahosers #thecolleens #prom #losangeles #harleyquinn
A post shared by Kevin Smith (@thatkevinsmith) on
3. Lily Rose Depp does prom. Though dad Johnny is embroiled in some heavy controversy ATM, his daughter, Lily Rose Depp, proves she’s just your average teenager at heart, attending prom alongside the rest of her classmates. Seen in this photo posted by @thatkevinsmith, Lily looks beautiful in a peach snakeskin gown. “Last night, the Yoga Hosers went to prom!” wrote the upcoming film’s director, Kevin Smith, on his Instagram page. “@harleyquinnnn_ and @lilyrose_depp had dates of course, but they were strictly there to chew bubble gum and swish Bratzis!” Kevin said, a reference to one of the film’s characters. Good for you, Lily.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 (@ghostbusters) on
4. Today is national Ghostbusters day. Whether you’re a superfan of the 1984 original or are chomping at the bit for the upcoming reboot (July 15) starring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones, today is a day to revel in all things Ghostbusters — OGs Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Ernie Hudson and Annie Potts will join the ladies of the new class tonight on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
5. This 12-year-old girl is being dubbed the next Taylor Swift. Armed with a ukulele and one hell of a voice, Grace VanderWaal completely blew us — along with judges Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum, Howie Mandel, Mel C. and, oh, the rest of the world — away with this America’s Got Talent audition vid.
6. Quote of the day: “Take whatever it is you like about yourself — even if it’s your pinky toes — and walk around every day saying, ‘You know what? I have really great pinky toes.’ Eventually that positive feeling will seep into every part of who you are, and the people around you will see it too.” Orange Is the New Black star Uzo Aduba in an essay for Seventeen magazine. (Photo via Anthony Harvey/Getty)
Are you a fan of Selena’s new look? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.