Morning Buzz: The 1st Female US Attorney General Janet Reno Has Died + More
The passing of a political trailblazer leads this morning’s top news items. Check that and more out below.
1. Janet Reno’s goddaughter Gabrielle D’Alemberte told CBS News that the 78-year-old passed away early Monday of complications from Parkinson’s disease. She was diagnosed in 1995. Janet was a trailblazer but also a polarizing member of Bill Clinton’s administration, notably for her handling of the Waco, Texas crisis, as well as the Elian Gonzalez case. She was also the subject of a memorable SNL sketch where Will Ferrell impersonated her hosting a no-nonsense dance party, and even made a cameo herself once.
2. Kim Kardashian reveals that she’d been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks before the Paris robbery. On last night’s episode of KUWTK, both Kim and Kendall opened up about their recent struggles with anxiety, Kim primarily when she’s driving and Kendall when she has to get on a plane. Top Momager Kris Jenner, ever proactive, finds them a therapist so they can each start working through their problems. At one point Kim said, “I just want to get past my anxiety and live life. I never had anxiety and I want to take back my life.” (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
3. Ryan Seacrest was the Man of Honor at his sister’s wedding and it was so adorbs. Ryan clearly had a blast and took his duties very seriously, helping his sis pick up her wedding dress and making sure she felt amazing, saying she was a “stunning” bride. He’s not wrong.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Gal Gadot (@gal_gadot) on
4. Gal Gadot just announced her pregnancy with a super sweet couples selfie. The Wonder Woman star took to Instagram to announce that her and husband Yaron Versano are expecting their second child, writing “excited to share this wonder with you… #mommyforthesecondtime,” as they posed for a mirror pic with them each placing a hand to form a heart on her soon-to-be baby bump. Their first daughter, Alma, was born in 2011. Congrats to the growing family!
5. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth were beyond cute at a rare public outing as a pair. Miley and Liam made an evening of their friend Vijat Mohindra’s first solo photography show in LA over the weekend, showing up in a, shall we say, bold pair of outfits and even hamming it up for the cameras — something they rarely do as a couple. We gotta say, it’s a good look for them.
6. Quote of the day: “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” Let Muhammad Ali’s famous quote stay with you for some #MondayMotivation.
What’s got you motivated this week? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Alex Wong/Getty)