The Rock gets People‘s annual honor and Michelle Obama has the perfect reply to someone telling her to run for President in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below!
1. If you pay any attention to the Rock’s social media, this probably won’t surprise you — Dwayne Johnson’s dedication to his fitness and health, his insane work schedule, all of his charitable work and of course his ADORBS dad skills to almost one-year-old daughter Jasmine all surely went into qualifying him for People‘s annual title. “I said, ‘That’s awesome,’ Johnson told People about when he heard the news. “And then what went through my mind was just how cool and exciting it is. And then I thought, ‘Wow, we’ve pretty much reached the pinnacle.’ I’m not quite too sure where we go from here. I’ve done it all, this is it.” Of course, we doubt he’ll stop anytime soon.
2. The Office star Angela Kinsey and actor Joshua Snyder got hitched! Angela took to Instagram last night to share the news, writing, “Yesterday was awesome!!! ❤️ #gothitched” on a photo of the happy couple walking hand in and and gazing sweetly at each other. Martha Stewart Weddings says Angela and Joshua had their ceremony on Sunday in Topanga, California with 130 guests. Angela’s one-shoulder dress looked absolutely dreamy, and we couldn’t be happier for the newlyweds.
3. Jessica Biel hit a major milestone and celebrated in a strange but fun way. After recently hitting two million followers on Instagram, Jessica did what anyone would do, of course — she backflipped into a pool. “I’m flipping out, you guys: 2 million! Thank you,” she captioned the video. Why not!
4. Laurie Hernandez broke down after her emotional performance on DWTS in one of the most touching segments we’ve seen on the show. Laurie’s grandmother recently passed away, and the Olympic gymnast delivered an emotionally charged performance in her honor, visibly crying through her foxtrot set to Tori Kelly’s “Hollow” before dissolving into tears at the end and making everyone tear up with her. Watch the beautiful moment above.
5. And in some lighter news for the week, the two cows and the teeny calf that were stranded when the ground broke apart beneath them during the New Zealand earthquake have been brought to safety. No YOU’RE crying.
6. Quote of the day: “Be quiet back there!” Michelle Obama responds to one of the people begging her to run for president in 2020. Hey, at least it’s not a no!
Would you like to see Michelle Obama run for president someday? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Jesse Grant/Getty)