Morning Buzz! You Won’t Believe How Grown Up Prince George Is in His 3rd Birthday Pics + More
Happy Friday, y’all! From new Royals pics to a major fashion bargain you’ll want to bookmark, check out six of today’s Buzziest TGIF news items below.
1. O. M. G. That’s all we can say. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge released four new photos of Prince George in celebration of this third birthday, and as with every successive pic of the little lad, it’s crazy how much he’s already grown up — and how DAPPER he is! “I really enjoyed the opportunity to take these photographs of Prince George,” said photographer Matt Porteous, who took the shots at their home in Norfolk in mid-July. “It was a very relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.” Between these and Princess Charlotte’s first birthday pics in May, we hope this is a tradition that continues.
2. Get your credit card out for this $35 dress before it’s gone again. Earlier this month, Kylie Jenner showed up to the US launch of UK store Pretty Little Thing wearing their bargain-priced front-wrap dress, immediately causing it to sell out on their site. But they’ve restocked it in every color, so if you have one more summer night to party through, nab one of these before they’re gone again. (h/t Refinery29)
3. Whoa — the NBA just made a MAJOR statement by moving its 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte. The move comes in response to North Carolina’s discriminatory anti LGBT House Bill 2, which requires that transgender people use restrooms based on the sex on their birth certificates. The Bill has caused numerous touring musicians to cancel tour stops at cities in the state, but the shunning by a major sports organization will have a massive effect. “We do not believe we can successfully host our All-Star festivities in Charlotte in the climate created by HB2,” part of the statement reads. “It is also important to stress that the City of Charlotte and the Hornets organization have sought to provide an inclusive environment and that the Hornets will continue to ensure that all patrons — including members of the LGBT community — feel welcome while attending games and events in their arena.” The NBA says they will consider rescheduling in NC in the future “provided there is an appropriate resolution to this matter.”
4. YouTuber Jenna Marbles just released the BEST response to the latest beauty trend. Jenna is no stranger to bucking beauty standards, and her latest video is a fun response to the latest trend of piling on 100 layers of nail polish or liquid lipstick. “This is the Internet I signed up for,” she jokes before applying 100 layers of foundation, spray tan, hairspray, liquid lipstick, nail polish, and fake eyelashes.” It took Jenna seven and a half hours in total (!), with tons of hilarious commentary along the way. “A lot of my soul is dead, but this is coat number 60,” she says at one point. Looool. Check out the video above.
5. Amber Rose’s son had the most perfectly kid response to her new hair. “You look like a monster.” MIC. DROP.
6. Quote of the day: “Welp… A b*tch thought she could stay away. But who else is gonna live tweet Game of Thrones!!” — Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones makes her triumphant return to Twitter after a tearful exit earlier in the week in the face of racist hate. WELCOME BACK, LESLIE *wipes tear*.
Do you have any big weekend plans? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @kensingtonroyal)