Must-Have Yoga Gear to Take Your Om Session to the Next Level
We know you could rattle off all the benefits yoga offers your body and mind without skipping a beat (hello, increased bone strength, improved mental clarity, and boosted immunity). But even the most seasoned yogis know that great gear can help prevent plateaus and push your stamina. Whether you’re perfecting your home yoga practice or sweating it out in class every week, it’s high time you incorporated some new tools that actually work while you werk it. Amp up your next sun salutation session with these pretty (and super-functional) picks.
1. Backslash Fit Self-Rolling Smart Yoga Mat ($90): Peace out, curled mat edges! The Backslash Fit Smart Yoga Mat has a stay-put magnetic strip that’ll keep it super-flat during class, plus a self-rolling feature (think: slap-bracelet style) that’ll automatically keep it tightly wound, no strap required.
2. JoyLab High-Rise 7/8 Reversible Leggings ($35): What’s better than two pants in one? Rock the notice-me print when you’re feeling particularly on point, or shift it to the side panel when you’d rather keep calm and om on.
3. Lululemon Go Getter Bag Heatproof Pocket 26L ($148): With pockets for all your stuff (sweaty gear, yoga mat, laptop, thermos of golden milk), this minimalist carryall means you’ll never be caught unprepared.
4. Corc Yoga Renew Cork Mat ($175): Made with 100 percent all-natural cork and cotton, this super-sustainable and grounding mat provides a chemical-free surface. Plus, it’s naturally antimicrobial — an added boon when you’re forehead-down and deeply inhaling during child’s pose.
5. Margot Elena Round Meditation Cushion ($99): Having a dedicated space for meditation isn’t a necessity, but it certainly serves as a visual and physical reminder to keep the practice front and center. A printed pouf lends extra support (and looks chic when you’re not using it).
6. Alo Layered Mesh Tank ($64): Going from down-dogs to drinks? Take your yogawear to the streets with a breezy mesh muscle tank to help your everyday leggings look more purposeful and pulled-together.
7. A Little Bit of Yoga by Meagan Stevenson ($10): Wondering how yoga got its start? Read up on the history behind your fave poses, and learn a little Sanskrit while you’re at it.
8. Manduka Ashley Mary Hot Yoga Mat ($92): This artist-designed, towel-topped mat is a total pick-me-up, especially for early-a.m. sessions. The built-in absorbent top layer soaks up sweat, while the rubber mat base provides much-needed cushioning for perfecting scorpion pose.
9. Feetup Trainer ($149): Master your headstand prep at home thanks to this handy trainer stool, which helps you build up strength while reducing the risk of injury.
10. Luna Rose Woven Yoga Mat Strap ($35): This pretty woven mat carrier doubles as a handy yoga strap — ideal for really leaning into those feel-good floor stretches.
11. Wicks and Stones Yoga Prana Candle ($42): Sink into savasana with a super-warming essential oil blend that includes clove, cinnamon, honey, and vanilla, plus a moonstone crystal for balancing energy.
12. Leus Haze Yoga Towel ($40): If you’re a hot yoga convert, beat the heat with a super-absorbent, suede-feel microfiber towel that’ll keep your mat’s surface sweat-free. Plus, the striking ombre shades make for a cool (read: Instagram-friendly) canvas.
13. Alo Knot Tank Bra ($52): We’d rock this cute rusty rose bra/crop-top combo both on and off the mat.
14. Gaiam Tri-Color Yoga Block ($12): This boldly striped block will help you focus on alignment, add stability, and get extra comfy during meditative poses.
15. Bkr Spiked Tutu 500 ML ($42): The super-spiky (read: extra-grippy) outside of this glass bottle will help you quench your thirst in the sweatiest of hot classes without slipping. We also love the loop handle you can use to clip it to your tote.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.