11 Mutts of Instagram to Up the “Aww” Factor in Your Feed
There’s no love in the world like the one between a human and a dog. They make us smile, they make us laugh, they warm our hearts and they can even make us healthier. When we’re not spoiling them with treats and snuggles, some of us are photographing and sharing their every move, and why not? Our buddies are the best things EVER, so in honor of National Mutt Day, we’re sharing 11 of the cutest mutts of Instagram — a few mixed breeds, a few rescues and each one as lovable as can be.
1. @earlthegrumpypuppy: He’s been blowing up the Internet this week thanks to, well, that face. This moody pug is giving Grumpy Cat a run for his catnip.
2. @leah_caponeandnala: Need an extra flower-crowned companion for your next music festival outing? Meet Nala, whose day-to-day adventures with her best bud, Capone, are captured and ‘grammed by their favorite human, Leah.
3. @muttadventures: Three’s company, but four’s never a crowd for this motley crew. The trio of mutts and their bull terrier buddy are the most photogenic group of pups we’ve ever seen, and they’re giving us mad #squadgoals to boot.
4. @furlyaus: These cool characters (look familiar? That’s because they’re from @muttadventures!) are just a few of the furry faces you’ll find on this Australian account dedicated to helping folks be better pet owners. Because even if your dog’s breed is as much a mystery as his or her personality quirks, a few tried-and-true guidelines can help you give ’em the best life possible.
5. @_miss_nala: It’s no surprise that Miss Nala’s as patriotic as can be: After all, she’s a Texas girl, romping around the Lone Star State with sass and Southern charm. She’s not averse to posing for pictures in bluebonnet fields, either.
6. @yogiethedog: We gotta say, we love love, and it’s clear that Yogie does too. An Oakland boy through and through, his hometown pride shines in his Instagram snaps, which are usually taken on the trails and sidewalks of the bright side of the bay.
7. @chilberg: Meet Puka, a sweet Pitbull mix with a cleft lip and a cool backstory. His person, Christine, is all about spreading awareness of and the joys of animal rescue with her blog, Puka Is My Homie.
8. @the_great_caspy: Casper and Kira may look like two peas in a pod, but upon closer inspection, it’s clear their personalities are as distinct as can be. These DC-based Aussie mixes are best buds, always up for a new adventure together.
9. @twopinktoes: Rohn here may live with three other dogs (Loki, Otsu and Isi), but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have time to do a little #muttmuggin from time to time, especially when the legendary Frida Kahlo is involved.
10. @bobthedogatx: Who doesn’t love a cowboy pup? Bob’s right at home in Austin, Texas, where he kicks off his boots and chills with the best of ’em. He also has a penchant for heart-shaped sunglasses, and we’ll be honest: He wears ’em well.
11. @thiswildidea: It wouldn’t be a proper #muttsofinstagram post without Maddie, the beloved star of the blog (and eventual book) “Maddie on Things.” Because this sweet (and super well-traveled!) Georgia rescue shouldn’t be tied down to just one preposition, she can be in rain boots and under an umbrella too, melting our hearts just the same.
Who are your favorite mutts and rescue dogs on Instagram? Share in the comments below!
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.