18 Nasty Woman-Approved Inauguration Day Party Ideas
As the Obamas say farewell to the White House, many of us are left with mixed emotions, to say the least. Faced with the abuse of women’s rights (already!) and the Barack-shaped hole growing in our hearts, we are bracing ourselves to face a *seriously* challenging year or four. So why not take a moment to step back and celebrate. Wait, what? You heard right! Although the battle of 2016 may be over, let’s remember that the nasty woman sentiment (or better yet: a way of being) is not and will not be lost. This inauguration day, whether you’re still left in shock or revving yourself up to take on the unclear future, take the time to celebrate both yourself and your fellow nasty ladies. From tasty Hillary Clinton cocktails to a piñata that’ll help you take your frustrations out on Trump, the 18 essentials below are just what you need to throw yourself a nasty woman soiree.
1. Hillary Clinton Cocktails: Kick off the festivities right with a table filled with drool-worthy drinks. Peppercorn is key when it comes to giving these Hill-inspired cocktails that nasty gal kick ;) (via Washington Post)
2. Natty Michelle Paperie Feminist Pencils ($2 each): The pen-cil is mightier than the sword. Find and refine your voice this year with a writing tool that’ll help you stay focused on your lady pride.
3. The Woman Cards ($20): Whether you and your guests are playing poker or gin, you can keep yourself inspired with the heroes you hold in high esteem thanks to this card deck. From Queen Bey to Amelia Earhart, these ladies never cease to leave us in awe.
4. JD and Kate Industries Anti-Trump Trump-Scented Candle ($19): This candle pulls off the side swoop better than Trump ever could! Keep the Trumpers at bay with a few of these anti-Trump candles.
5. The Roc Shop Nasty Woman Photobooth Signage ($20): Rep your nasty-woman status on social media with photo booth pics featuring the proper signage. Photo booths are the perfect way to kick your party up a notch.
7. Dahlia Soleil Organic Nasty Woman Appliqué in Pink ($5): Why not get crafty for your nasty woman bash? You can sew these nasty woman patches on your backpack or your favorite jean jacket to rep your nasty ways errday.
8. Boots Tees Nasty Woman Mug ($17): What’s a party without favors? Gift your gals a nasty woman mug to remind them of what it truly means to be nasty.
9. Sassy Celebs Obama Sticker Set ($2): Oh-bama, how we’ll miss you. Set up decor that features Barack’s sweet spirit with some of these playful president stickers.
10. Makke Design I Miss Barack Hat ($19): No shame in telling the truth. Flaunt your feelings with a pretty pink hat that displays your endless presidential love.
11. Pinatas.com President Trump Piñata ($60): It’s time to let out some of that 2016 rage! Say hello to your new piñata punching bag, ladies.
12. Misfit Menagerie Thanks Obama Enamel Pin ($10): Whether it’s for Michelle or Barack, let’s take a moment to say thanks. Give your guests a fun take-home treat with these sweetheart pins that say thank you to a great American family.
13. Private Party Nasty Woman Sweatshirt ($80): Nasty is your middle name. Proudly show the world where you stand with this straightforward and oh-so-sassy sweatshirt.
14. Red, White and Blue Jello: Sure, the country has seen better days, but let’s not forget our national pride. Give your gathering a refreshing treat with these vibrant and patriotic jello snacks. (via Brown Eyed Baker)
15. PaddleYou Nasty Woman Ping Pong Paddle ($34): Add some fun to your nasty woman event with a friendly game of ping pong. Whether you’re playing traditional table tennis or adding a game of beer (or wine) pong into this mix, these nasty woman paddles are sure to get your gals in that sassy state of mind.
16. Moonrise Whims Nasty Woman Embroidery ($20): Nasty women and cat ladies, unite! Celebrate your two great loves, cats and being a nasty gal, with this *perf* piece of party decor.
17. Pantsuits: Nothing says power like a pantsuit. Attend your nasty woman party in total Hillary fashion with tailored pantsuits and blonde wigs to boot.
18. Pomtree Nasty Woman Banner ($12): Take your party to the next level with a bold and beautiful banner. You’ll be able to welcome your fave ladies into your nasty gal event with a simple sign that says it all.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.