When it comes to man’s best friend, there’s not much you wouldn’t do to make ’em happy. With National Dog Day just around the corner (August 26 — mark your calendar!), it’s time to show your sweet pup some extra love. Whether that means throwing them a dog party or making your own DIY dog leash, celebrate your favorite furry companion in the best way you know how. For gift ideas, scroll on for 24 goodies your canine will *pawsitively* love!
1. Jax & Bones Stegosaurus Rope Toy ($17+): Made of durable, recyclable non-toxic rope, this fun and safe dino will keep them occupied for hours. Bonus: The company donates 10 percent of your purchase to animal rescue organizations.
2. Bubbletastic Bacon Bubble Blower ($27): Give your li’l buddy the best kind of surprise with this bacon-scented bubble machine. Just turn it on and watch as they chase after bubbles that smell like their favorite flavored snacks.
3. SillyBuddy Blue Anchor Bowtie Dog Collar ($45): Your pet will never look more dapper than in this bowtie. Perfect for formal occasions or just for laughs, this accessory is (ahem) doggone stylish.
4. OllyBottle 1 Liter ($15): If your dog loves to accompany you on hikes, this water bottle and detachable bowl set lets the two of you share water — minus the slobber. The large opening on this durable plastic design makes it easy to fill and clean after every use.
5. DogTread Small Dog Treadmill ($599): For days you just aren’t able to walk Fido, make sure he still gets his daily exercise. This treadmill’s quiet motor and low profile helps your dog stay healthy, no matter your schedule or the weather.
6. Uncommon Goods Mustache & Giant Tongue ($10, sold separately): These wacky dog toys will entertain both you and your pet every time you play fetch. Not to mention, they’ll surely be a hit with other owners at the dog park!
7. SillyBuddy Pale Peach Triangle Bowtie Dog Collar ($45): Make your pampered pal look every bit as good as he feels in this chic bowtie. The bright pop of peach and modern geometric print will instantly give him a debonair vibe.
8. Whistle GPS Pet Tracker ($80): Don’t let unforeseen circumstances get the best of you — get peace of mind knowing where your dog is at all times. Using advanced GPS and wireless technology, the Whistle system alerts you via text and email if your pet ever gets out, so you can find her easily on a map.
9. Pawsitively Gourmet Donut Cookies for Dogs ($29, pack of 20): Introduce your pup to the magic of donuts with these dog-friendly gourmet cookies. Essentially crunchy dog treats covered in yogurt, these tasty snacks will undoubtedly become one of your pet’s favorites.
10. Pet Lounge Studios Bambú Hammock I ($200): Thanks to this sleek and modern design, you won’t have to compromise your interior decor for your dog’s happiness. In this case, they go hand in hand!
11. Outward Hound Bionic Bone ($12+): Aggressive gnawers go through chew toys just like *that*. Luckily, the durable Bionic Bone stands up to the chompiest dogs. An opening on the bone lets you fill it with treats, bones or peanut butter. And it’s so easy to clean — you can even put it in the dishwasher!
12. Chuckit! Pro Launcher ($13): As fun as playing fetch may be, touching your dog’s slobber isn’t. Keep your hands drool-free with this handy ball-tosser that’ll entertain your dog without sacrificing your hygiene.
13. Hugs Pet Products Chilly Mat ($36+): If your furry pal is prone to overheating or suffers from joint pain, get them this mat that chills and offers extra comfort. Its lightweight and portable design make it convenient to use both indoors and outdoors.
14. Bake-a-Bone The Original Dog Treat Maker ($24): Bake-a-Bone, the original dog treat maker, lets you make healthy, all-natural treats in minutes. With recipes for a variety of tastes and needs, ranging from chicken to vegan organic, this is next level for dog owners who want what’s best for their pet.
15. Fancy Merchant Dog Hoodie ($19): Keep your pooch nice and cozy this winter with this hooded sweatshirt made from soft cotton. It even comes in four sizes to ensure the best fit for your favorite pup.
16. PetPeek Fence Window for Pets ($42): Keep your overly curious dog from wanting to jump the fence with this clear dome window. Its durable acrylic design can even reduce the risk of your pup injuring themselves from attempting to escape or chewing up your fence.
17. One Dog One Bone Bone Pool ($360): Made for sweltering hot summer days, this bone-shaped pool is a must-have for cooling your dog down when the fan just doesn’t cut it. Its durable truck bed liner material is tough enough to resist your canine’s tendencies to chew everything.
18. BarkBox ($35+/month): Shower your favorite pup with the ultimate gift: BarkBox. Stocked with treats, toys and stylish accessories, this subscription gift box will keep your dog entertained with a new set of goodies each month.
19. Nite Ize MeteorLight K-9 LED Dog Ball ($12): Thanks to this LED ball, your pup’s favorite game won’t have to end just because the sun sets. Plus, it’s the size of a tennis ball, so it’ll fit most ball launchers (and dog mouths).
20. SillyBuddy Pale Aloe Triangle Bowtie Dog Collar ($45): Whether you’re attending a pet wedding or a human one, your furry pal will look their spiffiest sporting this geometric print mint bowtie. It even comes with a metal loop for a leash in case your guy gets a little rowdy.
21. Nina Ottosson by Outward Hound Dog Fighter Interactive Puzzle ($50): Entertain your pet for hours with this puzzle toy. Its interactive design will encourage them to seek treats in a challenging and engaging way.
22. Outward Hound Hide-a-Squirrel Squeaking Dog Toys ($8+): Every dog owner knows chasing squirrels at the park is a pooch’s favorite pastime. This fun toy includes three squeaky squirrels you can stuff into a plush tree trunk for your dog to pull out, one by one, over and over again.
23. Rogz Grinz Dog Ball Treat Toy ($10): Your furry friend will be all smiles with this silly toy ball featuring an awesome grinning design. Soft enough for your dog’s teeth but firm enough to bounce, this fetch toy is one they’ll love chasing after on land or in water.
24. ThunderShirt Classic Dog Anxiety Jacket ($37+): If your pup struggles with anxiety or overexcitement, help them out by getting them a ThunderShirt. The revolutionary tool applies gentle, constant pressure to keep your pet calm without the need for additional medication or training.
Which of these adorable gifts will you get for your best pal? Be sure to check us out on Pinterest for more creative gift ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.