19 Essentials for the Most Adorable Pet Wedding EVER
For those of you who are lucky enough to call yourselves pet parents to a dog or cat, chances are you’ll do anything for your furry and faithful friends. And by anything, we mean throwing an EPIC wedding celebration, of course! Just imagine your little girl or boy walking down the aisle in their finest collar about to marry the love of their life. The pet wedding essentials below will help make their big day *extra* special. Think: adorable favor bags, puppy tuxes, feline floral crowns and yarn-filled decor. Scroll on to get inspired and start planning the dog or cat wedding of your, err, their dreams.
1. Goody Favor Bags: Any kitty or kitty lover would appreciate a cute and colorful gift bag like this one. Add initials of the happy couple under the heart for an extra special touch. (via Fête Gazette)
2. Waterfront Location: A cute photo shoot of the newlyweds at a gorgeous location is a definite must. Any special spot would do, but if you’re going for a sweet nautical vibe like this one, try hosting the event at a beach or marina. (via @sarahlewisphotography)
3. Rope Dog Leash ($58): If you’ve got a rowdy one, keep them from jumping all over your guests with a chic dog leash like this rope one. The white and blush design will bring some traditional shades of pastel to any non-traditional wedding celebration.
4. Jenn’s Doodle World Pugs Wedding Save the Date Invitation ($3): Let your friends know about your pet’s upcoming wedding with an invitation that features a classy silhouette of their little selves. Too cute! (via Zazzle)
5. Yarn in Glass: Top off your cat-friendly tablescape with balls of yarn in glasses that include a cutout cat with your guests’ names. Both knitters and cats alike will love this playful favor. (via Carmen Santorelli / Amorology)
6. DIY Junk Food Cat Toy: These catnip-filled cat toys inspired by junk food aren’t just hilarious, they’re the perfect way to keep cats occupied for hours. Save these toys for an afternoon playtime after the ceremony, or give them out as wedding favors at the end. (via Beautiful Mess)
7. Signage: Every wedding needs signage, so make sure your cat wedding guests know what’s up with a fun one like this. You can use Photoshop, or look for a free printable online. Either way, it will be the purrr-fect addition to the wedding decor. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
10. Balls of Yarn Centerpiece: Deck out your kitty wedding tablescape with some (or many!) balls of yarn. Just make sure you secure them to the table so the kitties don’t go yarn crazy. Unless that’s the kind of cute you live for. (via Bridal Musings)
11. DIY Dog Collar Bow Tie: Just look at that slobbery smile! Spiff up your pooch with an adorable bow tie collar you can make in no time. Choose a bright pattern or colors that go with your existing theme. (via Good Dogs)
12. Cat Cake Topper: It isn’t a real wedding without some cake. Opt for a simple design with a cute cat or dog cake topper like this beauty. Whether you make it yourself or not, try to opt for a pet-friendly recipe so your furry friends can enjoy some of the tasty treat. (via Tidewater and Tulle)
13. Cat Treat Favors: Give your guests a sweet treat for pets (and humans) to take home. It makes an adorable + affordable favor everyone will love. Bonus points if you toss in a bit of catnip. (via Rock ‘n’ Roll Bride)
14. Watering Station: Make sure your pets stay hydrated with an array of water bowls like this colorful watering station. Lay down a vinyl tablecloth, and maybe throw in a couple of pet-friendly fruits and veggies to create some fancy flavored water. (via Brit + Co)
15. Diamond Cat House: Your pets won’t exactly be wearing diamond rings at the wedding, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have any diamonds. Decorate your cat wedding with this giant DIY gem that doubles as a cat crib. Your feline guests won’t be able to resist popping in and out of this fancy house. (via Something Turquoise)
16. Seating For Dog Lovers: This seating chart for a dog wedding is barking adorable. To ensure everything goes smoothly, you’ll want to check beforehand to see which pets get along best with other pets before drawing out your table arrangements. (via Lucy Says I Do)
17. Floral Feline: Okay, this cat wearing a floral crown needs to be a meme. If you’re taken with how cute this kitten looks too, make sure to whip up a DIY flower crown for your own kitty’s big day. (via Deer Pearl Flowers)
18. Ceremony Program: Your friends will appreciate the extra effort you put into your pet’s wedding with this cute, personalized pet program. It’s another detail that’ll up the adorable factor of the entire ceremony. (via Danfredo Photos + Films)
19. DIY Flower Dog Collar: Save big bucks with a DIY floral collar as an alternative to a fancy store-bought one. She’s sure to look like one “pretty girl” (cue high-pitched cooing) with this spring-perfect floral wreath. (via Stars for Streetlights)
Have you thrown a wedding for your pets? Follow us on Pinterest for more pet goodies and gadgets!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)