10 Natural Products to Keep Your Daily Routine Clean and Green
From home goods to self-care, the products we use on a day-to-day basis should reflect the world we want around us. That being said, why not make the switch from bleach-filled products full of acids and preservatives to naturally sourced goodies? We’ve gathered the top 10 products for an easy switch to keep your routines as clean and pure as the rest of your life.
1. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Laundry Detergent ($16): With 97 percent naturally derived ingredients, this detergent will keep your clothes smelling and feeling fresh and clean without any harsh chemicals.
2. Dr. Woods Castile Soap Soothing Lavender ($20): Made with vitamin E and olive oil, this soap locks in moisture while being gentle enough for your whole body (face included).
3. BioBag Tall Food Scraps Bag ($24 for 48 bags): BioBags are totally compostable and now come big enough to line your kitchen trash can. Made from a resin derived from plants and vegetable oils, these bags ventilate more than plastic, preventing mold, odors, and mildew.
4.Sprig Bamboo Paper Straws ($16): Paper straws are one of the easiest ways to make a major switch to support the environment (as plastic is polluting our oceans). Keeping a few paper straws in your purse to use at the movies or lunch with friends will inspire others to make the little changes too.
5. Eco-Me Concentrated Floor Cleaner ($20): Made with food grade and plant-based ingredients and formulated without harsh preservatives, sulfates, dyes, or colorants, this floor cleaner will leave your home smelling fresh without the worry of chemicals or harsh fumes.
6. Burt’s Bees Very Volumizing Shampoo ($8): This sulfate-free shampoo will keep your hair full of volume and shine. It’s 99 percent natural and contains no parabens, petrolatum, or synthetic fragrances. You’ll quickly find that the lack of lather from this shampoo makes rinsing and repeating way easier.
7. Tom’s Of Maine Toothpaste Gel ($8): Tom’s might be the godfather of natural products, with its gluten-free, cruelty-free, and halal- and kosher-certified toothpaste sold worldwide. This gel is perfect for the whole family — even for those who tend to accidentally swallow a little too much toothpaste.
8. Full Circle Magnet Kitchen Towel ($9): Cut back your paper towel usage with reusable kitchen towels; these even come with a magnet inside to easily stay within arm’s reach wherever you need them.
9. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Multi-Surface Cleaner ($5): This everyday cleaner can be used all around the house and adds vegetable protein extract to its formula, a natural way of getting rid of kitchen messes and bathroom odors.
10. Weleda Skin Food Cream ($11): Packed with rich ingredients like sunflower seed oil and sweet almond oil, this cream can be used on your whole body and targets rough, dry skin without ingredients that will cause you to need to reapply over and over.
What are your favorite natural products? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.